"Mmicromaster" Devastator et all

Guest Primal-Convoy

Guest Primal-Convoy

In the west, Hasbro released the Micromaster combiners as "Universe/Energon Micromaster" combiners, including the rare Japanese chase recolour of the construction team as Devastator.

Now, I KNOW they are Micromasters by default and I KNOW they dont look exactly or transform exactly like their original "G1" selves. Also, I KNOW that you can also inferr that these are either alternate versions of the original G1 combines from "Universe" (a storyline where TFs from alternate realities come togther) or "Energon" (in Europe the toys were relaesd in Energon, itself an "alternate" reality, although maybe they should me Minicons?).

Anyway, that aside, I was thinking that if they are G1 toys then perhaps they should really be thought of as quasi-official "World's Smallest Transformers"?

It would make them appear more logical, as why TFs designed to be small would combine into a form that is basically the same size as a regular TF, but with all the problems that combined TFs usually suffer from (slow reflexes, personality clashes etc).

I understand some Microns have combined but Minicons just happened to be small, but Micromasters, from what I can gather, were designed to be small to help them save on energon consumption amongst other things.

Anyway, what you think?  Personally I think WS Megs looks GREAT commading Micromaster Devastator!

PS: And who thinks of the constructicons as their ORIGINAL names as well?

In the west, Hasbro released the Micromaster combiners as "Universe/Energon Micromaster" combiners, including the rare Japanese chase recolour of the construction team as Devastator.

Now, I KNOW they are Micromasters by default and I KNOW they dont look exactly or transform exactly like their original "G1" selves. Also, I KNOW that you can also inferr that these are either alternate versions of the original G1 combines from "Universe" (a storyline where TFs from alternate realities come togther) or "Energon" (in Europe the toys were relaesd in Energon, itself an "alternate" reality, although maybe they should me Minicons?).

Anyway, that aside, I was thinking that if they are G1 toys then perhaps they should really be thought of as quasi-official "World's Smallest Transformers"?

It would make them appear more logical, as why TFs designed to be small would combine into a form that is basically the same size as a regular TF, but with all the problems that combined TFs usually suffer from (slow reflexes, personality clashes etc).

I understand some Microns have combined but Minicons just happened to be small, but Micromasters, from what I can gather, were designed to be small to help them save on energon consumption amongst other things.

Anyway, what you think?  Personally I think WS Megs looks GREAT commading Micromaster Devastator!

PS: And who thinks of the constructicons as their ORIGINAL names as well?

isomeone wrote a story background for them with the constructicons ending up in deep space without enough energy to function... (he told it better than me)

i view the new characters as just that and the other constructicons are aprehensive about it, and plan to find their old bodies and revive the other original constructicons so they can be put back in their old bodies again.

Guest Primal-Convoy

Tthe story is reposted at www.reprolabels.com under its "Micromaster Devastator" stickers:

"Custom Bio & Photo by Sky Quake:

Also See:Hightower

DECEPTICON  DEVASTATOR

Function: Superwarrior

"Nothing defeats the Devastator!..."

During the latter part of the 2nd Great War, the Decepticon faction known as the Constructicons suffered several major defeats. It was with frustration that the Constructicon Scrapper lead his group to a little-charted area of space. While trying to hide in seclusion, Scrapper only succeeded in running his troops into a smaller war with the previously missing Micromasters. And although Devastator was large, powerful, and could easily outmode its opponents due to his shear size, the Constructicons were in dire need of material repair. Also, their energon reserves quickly depleted in the backwater of space. Eventually, they succumbed to, and were captured by the Micromaster Decepticons.

While the Micromaster Decepticon leadership saw in Devastator an extreme waste of energy, they also recognized the powerful advantage he would be against the Micromaster Autobots. If only Devastator could be made more efficient. So, it was decided to down-size Devastator, and his individual components. A problem arose, however. Three of the original Constructicons (Hook, Mixmaster, and Scrapper) did not survive the initial process before the downsizing began, resulting in a seemingly permanent stasis-lock. Three Micromaster volunteers had to be polled, taken, and re-engineered into the three additional Micromaster Constructicons needed (Hightower, Quickmix, and Buckethead).

The results were impressively successful. The new Micromaster Devastator was sheer power, though on a smaller scale. Devastator is now more efficient, as well as, faster in reaction time. His mobility has been improved greatly. However, there are still the same kinds of conflicts between individual components that plagued the larger Devastator. Also, there is a consistent mental rift between the three old Constructicons, and the three new ones. This has resulted in a haphazard / fractured personality.

Scavenger, Bonecrusher, and Longhaul loath becoming Micromasters, and secretely plot to return to their old larger forms. Scavenger believes that their 3 deactivated comrades may one day hold the key to that."

To be honest though, I'm not impressed with this, but I admire the story regardless.

Also, if we take all the Devastators and associated charcters into consideration, this is MY take on things:

0/ Original Autobot Constructicons are reprogrammed by Megs into Destrons.

1/ G1 Devastator.

2/ "G2 Era". Many G1 transformers get overhauls, including new slightly retooled bodies, from Binaltech Alternators to minor modifications including new quicker synampes.

Devastator, instead of existing only as a single entity while in gestailt mode, is able to download his personality into a gestault jet mode (the jet provided with the micromaster constructicons).

His personality can then command or organise the combined personalities and experiences of his fellow Constructcons in bot mode similar to how Headmasters cooperate while togther.  This leads to a quicker thinking and more deveastating Devastator!

3/ Beast Machines era: Constructicons assimilated into drones.

4/ Scavenger escapes and free of his earlier Vehicon/Decepicon reprogramming, joins up with several other ex-vehicons (Stormjet etc) and joins Optimus Prime during the RID saga and mentors the fledgling "Build King"/Constructibot team.

5/ 3 former Constructicons emerge reformated as the new Decepticon Devastator.

6/ Whereabouts of the other remaining 2 Constructicons unknown. Presumed missing/dead.

Just my little theory.

Guest Primal-Convoy

Ive just had a thought, if he WAS shrinked to Micromaster size for some reason (perhaps an accident or something) then maybe that would explain his ACTIONMASTER figure being the same size as his companions?

He gets shrinked and then the poor bugger cant disengage into the constructicons for a few years or so!

Bet hed be real mad!

From the "first" gestault TF, nemeis of Omega Supreme and self quoted "most powerful" Deecpticon (see movie) to a non-transforming micromaster combiner with a scorpion for a gun!

Guest Primal-Convoy
TF:U Spychanger Prime is perfect height with TF:U Micromaster Devastator.

I dont think so.  If you watch TF zone, the Micromasters in bot mode are the same size as the humans.

Its the same for all continuities.

Personally I DONT think Universe Spychanger Prime is the same scale. Ii think WORLDS SMALLEST prime is the right scale, but thats just me.

TF:U Spychanger Prime is perfect height with TF:U Micromaster Devastator.

I dont think so.  If you watch TF zone, the Micromasters in bot mode are the same size as the humans.

Its the same for all continuities.

Personally I DONT think Universe Spychanger Prime is the same scale. Ii think WORLDS SMALLEST prime is the right scale, but thats just me.

If you look at how tall G1 Devastator mostly appears to be, Spychanger Prime is almost perfect height when compared. That was my point. Originally G1 Devastator wasn't like this MASSIVE, MASSIVE beast. They seem to be in-scale together well to me, whatever.

EDIT --- ALL of what I was meaning was TOY-WISE only.

*SMACK* thats not how it happened heres a translaytion of Destron Sixbuilders Orgen

Sixbuilder - Warrior of Misfortune?!

The appearance of Berserker SixWing had resulted in a strong sense of impending crisis among the Cybertron Micromasters, casting sizable doubts upon their pride as Cybertron warriors. Compelled to suffer endlessly repeated attacks by the Destron forces, many of them were injured, and sometimes they were even robbed of their Seiberdroid Capsules. As the balance of power began to crumble, there awakened a power to turn things around. This was the debut of SixBuilder!!

One nearly moonless night, the Cybertrons somehow managed to drive off a Destron night assault, but a portion of the Seiberdroid Capsules they'd successfully protected had received shocks in the battle and thawed out, and once more Micromasters wakened. The six warriors took on the forms of Earthly construction vehicles, and thus the Build Team was born. Their combat strength rivaled even Beserker SixWing's, and their high level of technological skill showed a remarkable impact on everything from repairing their comrades to reinforcing their base.

On one such day, word arrived at the Cybertron base that the Destrons were on a mission of destruction in the city. Glide and Road Police charged onto the scene, but the Destrons had already retreated, after which the pair discovered from testimony by the local residents that there was a high probability it was a new Destron offensive force. Upon returning to base and analyzing the information, they found the local citizens had recorded some startling images.

Destrons trashing the town Diego and the others called in the Build Team and pressed for a confirmation in front of the monitor: "There's some images we want you to see." Displayed on the monitor were Treader and Mixing engaged in acts of destruction. Images taken from different angles showed the other Build Team members doing the same.... The Build Team could not conceal the astonishment on their faces. However, while their projected selves were the same in form, they were totally different in color, with bodies of light green hue.

Then Sireen announced in an egnimatic tone, "According to the information from the locals, Mixing, it seems the version of you shown in these images was calling himself Mixmaster." Then Diego spoke: "For the moment, it doesn't appear to be a plan to introduce fakes, but we can't read the Destrons' intentions. You should all exercise plenty of caution." After he'd finished and the Build Team had moved to another room, their eyes met and they nodded to one another. At length, the Build Team found the fakes(?) with a stakeout strategy, but could not hide their bewilderment at the enemies' total copying of their appearances. Their minds made up, the Build Team combined, and thus SixBuilder appeared.

Destron Sixbuilder However, the Destron Build Team also achieved fusion as if they were made for it. The two giants stood face to face. Then the Destron SixBuilder issued a warning in a demonic voice: "You cannot defeat me--no Cybertron can. And that's because...you and I are one!!" "!?"

"Originally, we were no more than a single Seiberdroid. We developed only Destron minds, while you developed only Cybertron minds, yet we were two states of the same bit. Until one of us is gone, our true selves cannot exist," his shout came like a weapon. "Once we have destroyed all Cybertrons, I will merge with you and return to our original form. Until then, our battle with you must wait." SixBuilder watched his departing enemy until he could no longer be seen. "Will we Cybertrons and Destrons have to continue fighting forever...?"

To be continued...

*Story translated by Doug Dlin on the newsgroup alt.toys.transformers.

The Micromaster Reiddiues do not take place in the normal G1 Universe.

Who cares about Sixbuilder's origin? This has nothing to do with sixbuilder per se. These are the North American repaint/reissues which, much as you obviously can't conceive, are NOT part of the Japanese continuity. Micromaster Devie is neither Sixbuilder nor the Sixbuilder Decepticon variant, this is a unique repaint of the figure meant to represent the original combiner. :roll Yosh!!! :epic

BTW, check your bloody spelling!

translaytion = translation

Very important to remember if you wish for us to take you seriously, especially when you're trying to force in japanense continuity where it's not needed. The only reference to the japanese continuity was to Micromaster scale next to a human/tfs in TF Zone.

Archived