The END of the BT-ALTS / Toyfare and

Hunter Rose

Yep, I am also grateful that the Alt/BT line exists at all.  In fact, it is this very same line that I got back into transformers.  Before then, my last transformer bought was G1 Cyclonus or something like that over 15 years ago.  Once the line is gone, I may leave again.  I actually doubt I would leave actually even if there is no more toys more me to buy.  I've developed a kitbashing hobby out of it and developed some cool online buddies from the boards as well.  Also, I do like a few of the GF/Cybertron stuff so who knows.  Maybe the movie line would have some nice toys as well.  Anyways, the Alt line have brought me more than just cool transformer toys, it brought me back to my childhood memories and to a community I didn't know exists.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also keep in mind that, as per the latest online conversation with Don Murphy on his board, Hasbro are chomping at the bit to get the movie figures into the design phase within the next month, so I'm kind of thinking that all of thier resources are going into that line.

Considering the sucessfull execution of the BT/Alt line, I can't wait to see what they pull off!

So I have a Question - say that the line continues (its not the mainline so there is no reason that the movie line will be competing with it)

would we accept completely new characters?  BT is (loosely) G1 inspired, but Alts are nothing but nothing. 

Yeah we Starscream cause Swerve is an idiot and Decepticharge Reeeks of lameness and laziness!  But should we look forward to NON-Homage (but well thought out and well designed) Characters in the BT-Alt line?

Honestly - i wouldnt mind that at all

Hunter Rose

In response to some previous post (I forget which), there are still a lot of POTENTIAL Alts... enough to keep the line going at least another year, if they wanted to. 

You've got D-charge and Swerve, Prowl + remold, Mitsubishi (maybe!) + remold, Citroen (remember, Hasbro UK said the Citroen WAS going to be an Alt) + remold, so that's 4 definitely and 4 maybes.

Then you've got Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker (maybe), and the Smokescreen GT mold which hasn't come here yet, and "Masterpiece" Magnus, who may yet see a US release, so that's 4 more "maybes" if you classify magnus as an Alt.

Then there's always the possibility that ALL the Alt molds will get the Swerve treatment, which means (excluding Swerve and the three possibilities listed above) a third Meister, Windcharger, Grimlock, and Prowl retool (again, MAYBE) so that's another 4 maybes right there.

So, we've got 4 more definite, concrete Alts, and TWELVE definite possibilities, which would give us a grand total of 16, which is 3 more than we have now, or 2 more counting MP Prime.

So, we've got 4 more definite, concrete Alts, and TWELVE definite possibilities, which would give us a grand total of 16, which is 3 more than we have now, or 2 more counting MP Prime.

Keep in mind we've been told we'll see two or three reuses of each mold, and we've only hit that with one of them now (Tracks/Ravage/Swerve). Smokescreen GT's MOLD is coming still, but no idea as who. We're getting... three, I think, exclusives coming...

So, no worries just yet. Relax, everyone. This is NOT the end of the world.

Yeah... People complain about the repaints but don't realize that the damned liscenses are so expensive that without reusing the molds Hasbro/Takara (saying HasTak just sounds...yucky for some reason) would probably be taking a huge loss on entire line. The run of the first bot of the mold probably covers the cost of the molds and development plust the very likely /huge/ cost of getting the liscense. The next 2 uses of the mold are where the money is made  :tftongue

So buy the damn repaints!

*edit*

Except Decepticharge... don't buy him if you don't wanna :tdown

I would be really mad if the repaints were just repaints were just repaints, But they arn't, which is actually kinda neat, looking for the minor differences I mean.

I am actually looking forward to the next few Alts, especially Prowl because most of us wanted Sideswipe fo have a chest like G1, and HasTak just gave us what we wanted, different character, but they gave it to us.

Just think what will happen if they release info on a new mold, Suddenly TFans will be all over it and it will be all we talk about.

I will be definitly am going to try to get (at least most of) the rest of them.

Smokescreen GT's MOLD is coming still, but no idea as who. We're getting... three, I think, exclusives coming...

Did you get this from the same source that told you these wonderful things?

I have alot to say about this, but I'm sure I'll get another flaming warning :roll

Besides Nevermore, Vanguard and TF Vanguard are two different person.... :tftongue

Archived