Why is Aaron Archer so evil?

Lord Madhammer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About Hasbro losing $$$ to video games - what ever happened to Hasbro Interactive? Galaga:Destination Earth ROCKS!!!

Hasbro are pretty forward thinking, they embrace the electronic age with both hands and utilize all know technology, just look how they use the internet with that thoroughly wonderful and up to date website of theirs :roll

About Hasbro losing $$$ to video games - what ever happened to Hasbro Interactive? Galaga:Destination Earth ROCKS!!!

All the Hasbro Interactive stuff was sold off to Infogrammes. They used the Atari assets they got from the deal to change their name.

Aaah yes, the Anniversary poll.

Big placebo from Hasbro.

When was that again? 2002? 2003?

http://www.takarahobby.com/kaihatsu/0312tr...rmer/index.html

http://toyboxst.inwards.com/phorum/read.php?3,97799

It took us about 3 years from prototype to final product for this masterpiece

:thumb

I suppose that would explain why MP-2 was a repaint... :redface

Hasbro are pretty forward thinking, they embrace the electronic age with both hands and utilize all know technology, just look how they use the internet with that thoroughly wonderful and up to date website of theirs :roll

:rofl

Actually, they did try to get into the video game market. Only they never released it. It was called Nemo. Hasbro spent like $45 million on a virtual reality based system that was supposed to be like Nintendo. The game market crashed before it was done so they axed it.

If you pissed him off you could be banned. How nice.
I fail to see how people can blame one person for what happened.

It's the wiigii gang, that's all you need to know.  Sorry to hear about what their disciples put you through, Jack, though not surprised in the least.  Getting back on-topic...I didn't see Orson as the vital resource many in the fandom did.  He picked and chose what/who he answered and IMO his track record wasn't much better than the useless Q&A on transformers.com that ran for a couple weeks after the 2005 incident.

Reading his responses, I always had this picture of some guy in his chair snickering because he had this great insider news he might or might not share with you.  Somebody'd put up this intelligent, multi-pointed question and we'd get something as friendly and insightful as "NO."  Got old really fast and would have even if he'd been smart and done this through a Hasbro operated forum.

Lo and behold, it did indeed still get old when the Q&A showed up and surprise surprise we don't have that anymore either.  Don Murphy's board is painful to read sometimes but at least he tells us he's trying to do this or that but so and so might not go for it.  Even that's wearing thin...we'll be all hyped out long before the movie even starts filming :/

And, lastly, when something goes wrong at Hasbro, I blame MAL: marketing, accounting, and legal.  99% of what I'd classify as tangible idiocy can be traced to those three departments.  So I do appreciate that Mr. Archer has to work under alot of constraints.  Whoever said he sinned in giving us a name hit the nail on the head though.  Deserving or not, that makes you a more visible target...

Giving a visable Target is either brilliant or idiocy ... brilliant if the visable target is not a tangible individual, idiocy if it is.

Tangible things on the internet? They DO exist!

One other downfall - coming off as an ass is never funny to the people you are being an ass to.

Again, I wasn't involved in any online forums that have to do with TFs until this site, so I don't know what Jack or the other mods/admins went through. Sounds like some Blot hit the fan during the fiasco, however.

Archived