Why is Aaron Archer so evil?

Lord Madhammer

I don't want to press the issue too much Jack..but how could someone claim this site and you did anything to get him canned? That is ridiculous.

I'm glad it all worked out for you. I'm sorry you received threats and letters. I hope your job was not affected at all.

Thanks for keeping TFormers and TFans running.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The issues with fans disliking Archer mostly started with his above it all attitude when he was Orson at 2005. Those of you who were there to see it will recall he pretty much talked down to the fans and acted insulted when the question was too general or he'd answered it before. If you pissed him off you could be banned. How nice. :)

As for the TFormers incident aimed mostly at me. I think that stands on its own historical feet. He used his position to try to take me and the site down claiming I got him canned from 2005. Do you really believe some jerk-off like me could tell Hasbro what to do? I still can't believe people didnt see how weak an excuse that was. A lot of you dont know there was very scarry backlash - It was no fun believe me. I kid not when I say I got many threats of bodily harm as well as things like people calling my job and trying to get me fired. YES, OVER TOYS!

The irony is his accusations greatly increased our popularity. In hindsight I have to say a big thanks to Aaron and Tony for hating me so much in public that everyone had to know more about TFormers.com.  They came to look and never left.

IMHO, Archer has brought all this on himself. Instead of building bridges he put people down. That kind of Blot brings you bad karma and that's what he got.

Well said man.  The fan reactions to his 'vague' answers were right up there as well.

EDIT:

I don't want to press the issue too much Jack..but how could someone claim this site and you did anything to get him canned? That is ridiculous.

I fail to see how people can blame one person for what happened.  One person is not a big enough voice for Hasbro to care I wouldn't think.  But many voices is another thing all together.  Which is what most people at the time didn't think to consider.

I'm glad it all worked out for you. I'm sorry you received threats and letters. I hope your job was not affected at all.

Thanks for keeping TFormers and TFans running.

Thanks man! Life goes on does it not?  :thumb

In all honesty I don't know what he was thinking. I don't know him or Tony and they dont know me. Never have and certainly never will after all that.

Oh and yea, we all got a good laugh at work for weeks about the nut-job who complained whining and crying about loosing his Orson.  :clap

I'm talking about something that I promised Nevermore I wouldn't bring up here.

Oh great, more of that "I don't know whare y'all are from but we don talk 'bout the past and that sorta thang here" nonsense that I thought only Seibertron does.  :redface  :tflaugh

IIRC, Archer has a lot of little quirks and misunderstandings of Transformers that for quite some time he applied to the recent franchise, such as "'Wheeljack' doesn't sound like a good guy's name".

*Ahem*

I really shouldn't have mentioned this. Damn.

Don't worry boss. Your comments didnt make me respond. This has been coming since the orginal topic post. I would assume its not the last of it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Madhammer asked and now he's hearing some answers. People's responses are by no means fact or the real story. Everyone has their perspective and these posts are just that.

I do believe one thing, his leaving 2005 didn't cause this so-called "evil" association. I think people were upset about it enough at the time to show he had a good amount of the support from the fans. FWIW, its a fair assement that this is probably due to many little scrapes with different people over time instead of one major incident. 

Perhaps we should bring in a psychic to guide us through the darkness?

Oh great, more of that "I don't know whare y'all are from but we don talk 'bout the past and that sorta thang here" nonsense that I thought only Seibertron does.  :redface  :tflaugh

IIRC, Archer has a lot of little quirks and misunderstandings of Transformers that for quite some time he applied to the recent franchise, such as "'Wheeljack' doesn't sound like a good guy's name".

Talk it up man! This is a FREE and open board.

I am not ashamed of what happened as I nor anyone here did anything wrong.

2) He is not Japanese.

This is pretty self-explanatory.  Everything good in Transformers comes from Japan.  Everything crappy comes from America.  When you combine this with sin #1, Aaron Archer is very clearly the Antichrist.

(Note: Sin #2 not applicable in the Japanese fandom, wherein everything good comes from America and everything crappy comes from Japan.  Terms and conditions may vary.  Offer expires while you wait.  Operators are standing by.)

Would that be the mark of the beast (wars)?  :tftongue

Seriously though, like Jack said, alot of the animosity and such between all the various involved parties goes deeper for whatever reason than just a phone call here and there. EVERYONE, EVERY SITE was complaining about Archer and the posting on 2005.

And rightfully so. These people who run these sites put their time, monies, and effort into a site that is basically free advertising in the end for a corporation's toyline, a corporation that hardly needs free advertising. So when one of it's main dogs, the main dog depending on how you look at things, ponies up with one site .... it's going to ruffle some feathers. The complaining went on for a long time. As far back as the infamous TFD/2005 anniversary pole I would venture to say. After years of Starscreaming, you would get tired of it too and cut out the problems.

Also, back to the corporate side of things ... I don't know of too many corporations, businesses period, that would take kindly to someone going online, in a newspaper, magazine, whatever, posting information, vague as it was, about the future plans for a highly successful brand that has numerous competitors.

Point is ... one man, one site, one group even didn't cause it. To believe that hype would be rather shortsided and foolish, either way.

As far back as the infamous TFD/2005 anniversary pole I would venture to say.

Aaah yes, the Anniversary poll.

Big placebo from Hasbro.

When was that again? 2002? 2003?

http://www.takarahobby.com/kaihatsu/0312tr...rmer/index.html

http://toyboxst.inwards.com/phorum/read.php?3,97799

It took us about 3 years from prototype to final product for this masterpiece

:thumb

Archived