Why is Aaron Archer so evil?

Lord Madhammer

No offense, but not all of us are so obsessed with SHOW ACCURACY that we bring it into every discussion. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people have their reasons for loving/hating Archer. If the Orson incident was as ugly as I heard, I'm sorta glad I wasn't involved back then...

I just think that people should STFU unless they actually know the person they're bashing. It's so easy to sit at your computer and type "ARCHER SUXX0RZ!!1", but it's a lot harder to maintain that sentiment when you're face to face with the guy. And let's face it - there's a lot that we DON'T know. Instead of rushing to fill in the gaps in our knowledge with ignorant flamebait, maybe we could try listening a bit more.

Editorial finished. :thumb

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Xbob if you call the US release of Bruticus an abomination b/c of some color issues, then you're thinking way too hard about this. Try being a Beast Machines fan sometime.

Hey Non-show BM toys Rock(Mainly becuse of there camios in the Wreckers/Universe Comics)

I'm assuming you meant their Annual Report for 2004...the Transformers line is only mentioned in a positive light in the first two quarters of 2004 and not mentioned at all in the last two quartly reports of 2004 and the first quarter of 2005. This is the only "negative" mention of Transformers in the 2004 Annual Report:

"U.S. Toys segment net revenues for the year ended December 26, 2004 decreased 10% to $952,923 from 2003. The results reflect an overall softness in the boys' toy business, as demonstrated primarily by decreased sales of BEYBLADE, and to a lesser extent, lower sales of TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE products."

-Hasbro 2004 Annual Report, pgs 26 & 27

This speaks to the "Back to the 80s" craze you mention, but there isn't any way to differentiate the slight decline from the G.I. Joe line. The actual financial documents don't break out sales data for individual product lines.

Hasbro posted a big loss this quarter... they said it was mostly due to video games continuing to cut into toy sales. If my son is any indication of the general kid population, I'd say they're on to something.

Actually, revenues in the toy segment were up...due to the shipment of the new Star Wars toys. Hasbro recognizes revenue when products are shipped, so as soon as those puppies were in the packaging, they were out the door and on the Balance Sheet as revenue...

I'm assuming you meant their Annual Report for 2004...the Transformers line is only mentioned in a positive light in the first two quarters of 2004 and not mentioned at all in the last two quartly reports of 2004 and the first quarter of 2005. This is the only "negative" mention of Transformers in the 2004 Annual Report:

"U.S. Toys segment net revenues for the year ended December 26, 2004 decreased 10% to $952,923 from 2003. The results reflect an overall softness in the boys' toy business, as demonstrated primarily by decreased sales of BEYBLADE, and to a lesser extent, lower sales of TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE products."

-Hasbro 2004 Annual Report, pgs 26 & 27

This speaks to the "Back to the 80s" craze you mention, but there isn't any way to differentiate the slight decline from the G.I. Joe line. The actual financial documents don't break out sales data for individual product lines.

Exactly.  Only mentioned a few times last year.  That's what I mean when I say 'slightly' decline.  I don't think the disappearance of TFs mentioned in the reports is anything to worry about.  The line is most likely still strong, but not as strong as it was.

Truth is, Video Games are 'the thing' today and the toy industry is only going to keep going downhill, even if it is a slow decline.

EDIT:  Hasbro will have an excellent year this year mainly BECAUSE of Star Wars.  The 2nd Quarter will most likely bring Hasbro lotsa GREEN to their balance sheets.

Archived