Why is Aaron Archer so evil?

Lord Madhammer

Eh...one reason I can think of that some people might not like Archer is because, well...he did admit to hating a certain Autobot sub-group that happens to be my favorite group recently...

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For reasons I won't go into detail about in public, Archer is certainly not a friend of this site's management.

I would suspect that he is not a 'friend' of other sites either, because that's just the way people are.  Some people get too high on themselves while others don't.  Anyway.... 

I was under the impression that Archer was kind of 'moderate' in this fandom.  The fans like him because he's giving homages and such (as well as having been in touch with the fans), while there is the occasional 'hate' toward him for certain things as well.  He's delivered good and bad over the years (one good was TM2 Megs, I'm very fond of that figure, moreso than other Megatron figs he made cougharmadamegatroncough which sucks for obvious reasons).  He is NOT the savior of Transformers though.  It's hard to call him the guy that resurrected Transformers when at the time RID was released, and eventually Armada was released, the whole "Back to the '80's" craze was hitting and toy lines reminiscent to their '80's counterparts were selling like hot cakes.  Transformers emerged among the victors of that craze and has since gone down 'slightly' with Energon (if you have read their quarterly reports you'll know what I mean).

2 Words, Show Aceuretcy. How could he claime to mach the TV shpow in the TFCC Mag, b ut then relise Abomanations Like Bruticus Maximus. If Takara can get show acuract product out BEFORE Hasbro, why can't Hasbro Put in a little effert, and try too keep colour shades and Paint apps. Wingsaber and Constructicon Maximus would be almoast Perfict if they wern't misssing some paint apps.

2 Words, Show Aceuretcy. How could he claime to mach the TV shpow in the TFCC Mag, b ut then relise Abomanations Like Bruticus Maximus. If Takara can get show acuract product out BEFORE Hasbro, why can't Hasbro Put in a little effert, and try too keep colour shades and Paint apps. Wingsaber and Constructicon Maximus would be almoast Perfict if they wern't misssing some paint apps.

Xbob if you call the US release of Bruticus an abomination b/c of some color issues, then you're thinking way too hard about this. Try being a Beast Machines fan sometime.

No offense, but not all of us are so obsessed with SHOW ACCURACY that we bring it into every discussion. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people have their reasons for loving/hating Archer. If the Orson incident was as ugly as I heard, I'm sorta glad I wasn't involved back then...

I would suspect that he is not a 'friend' of other sites either, because that's just the way people are.  Some people get too high on themselves while others don't.  Anyway.... 

I was under the impression that Archer was kind of 'moderate' in this fandom.  The fans like him because he's giving homages and such (as well as having been in touch with the fans), while there is the occasional 'hate' toward him for certain things as well.  He's delivered good and bad over the years (one good was TM2 Megs, I'm very fond of that figure, moreso than other Megatron figs he made cougharmadamegatroncough which sucks for obvious reasons).  He is NOT the savior of Transformers though.  It's hard to call him the guy that resurrected Transformers when at the time RID was released, and eventually Armada was released, the whole "Back to the '80's" craze was hitting and toy lines reminiscent to their '80's counterparts were selling like hot cakes.  Transformers emerged among the victors of that craze and has since gone down 'slightly' with Energon (if you have read their quarterly reports you'll know what I mean). 

I'm assuming you meant their Annual Report for 2004...the Transformers line is only mentioned in a positive light in the first two quarters of 2004 and not mentioned at all in the last two quartly reports of 2004 and the first quarter of 2005. This is the only "negative" mention of Transformers in the 2004 Annual Report:

"U.S. Toys segment net revenues for the year ended December 26, 2004 decreased 10% to $952,923 from 2003. The results reflect an overall softness in the boys' toy business, as demonstrated primarily by decreased sales of BEYBLADE, and to a lesser extent, lower sales of TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE products."

-Hasbro 2004 Annual Report, pgs 26 & 27

This speaks to the "Back to the 80s" craze you mention, but there isn't any way to differentiate the slight decline from the G.I. Joe line. The actual financial documents don't break out sales data for individual product lines.

Archived