Why is Aaron Archer so evil?

Lord Madhammer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
also, i hate how he outright lies to the fans just to keep from tarnishing hasbro's image, but then again lots of people in charge of tf's do that.

Well theres lies and theres saying things that are true at the time, toys are a pretty fluid business to be in and jerks make careers out of tieing up decisions and forcing through bizarre and unwanted change.

Well theres lies and theres saying things that are true at the time, toys are a pretty fluid business to be in and jerks make careers out of tieing up decisions and forcing through bizarre and unwanted change.

well, that doesn't mean he couldn't be more honest. ie "we're working on that but we're not sure we'll be able to do it". that's certainly better than saying "We're gonna do this!" and then the toy is cancelled and everyone is pissed at archer for getting their hopes up.

I remember the name "Orson" but I was new to the fandom at that point so I missed most of what happened.

Orson was Archer's screenname, he used to post quite a bit and was a useful source of information before (I beleive) he got in trouble for it (this was before his releatively recent promotion).

Also, in that April/May issue of TF:CC comic he does mention that he tries to design the toys for kids first, and if the collectors happen to like it, so much the better.

Basically, now that fandom knows his name - he's damned if does, damned if he doesn't.

well, that doesn't mean he couldn't be more honest. ie "we're working on that but we're not sure we'll be able to do it". that's certainly better than saying "We're gonna do this!" and then the toy is cancelled and everyone is pissed at archer for getting their hopes up.

That's the way it works when you deal with people. You could truly believe something is really going to happen, and then..... it doesn't. It's not your fault for believing that it would. Sh*t happens sometimes.

And this is kind of my point. Archer is not the only person at Hasbro. And he's not the CEO. But we seem to believe that he is like some genie in a lamp - he need only say the word, and it shall be so. That's just not reality. I think people need to realize that and back off just a bit.

I wasn't aware of the Orson incident either, as I'd only reindoctrinated myself into the fandom around the time Armada hit. Let's just say that from what I now know, it was fuglier than Geewun Wheelie's toy.

if he makes a good decision, good for him. but if he makes a bad decision, he should be expected to face the consiquences, especially if the decision is idiotic and half-assed.

I'm sure he's held accountable by his superiors. Outside of those people, who is he accountable to? The fandom? If the consequences are a small number of fanboys/girls squawking about his mis-steps, I would think Archer would be fine with that.

of course, archer's suggestions still have to be approved by the higher ups at hasbro but he's pretty much in charge in their tf division. granted, there's probably some things he has no control over but he does handle the most important decisions.

I'm sure he's held accountable by his superiors. Outside of those people, who is he accountable to? The fandom? If the consequences are a small number of fanboys/girls squawking about his mis-steps, I would think Archer would be fine with that.

As I'm sure he is, as we have heard no reports of him tearfully resigning because he just can't take all the fan pressure anymore. :P

he's pretty much in charge of Hasbro's tf division. almost all american tf related decisions can be traced back to him. it's archer who decides which paint apps to remove from the american version of the toys. it's archer who decides what names the tf's get. it's archer who decides which tf's get re-released in Universe. it's archer who decides which tf's get reissued. it's archer who decides if the toyline will have fembots

I imagine at this point he is not the person that decides issues such as paint apps, and naming, but he is the one that OK's others decisions. It's not entirely the same thing. He also has to be concerned with show tie-ins, relations with Takara, advertising, etc...I don't think he has that much time to spend on the "little things" in the toy line.

Archived