Why is Aaron Archer so evil?

Lord Madhammer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there some sort of "issue" over Hasbro employees posting at certain sites and not others, causing Archer to keep all employees from posting?

Hes `head of transformer design` or some such like, hence all decisions should pass by his desk first, he certainly wont have the power to veto a takara design but does have the authority to decide the fate of said design in his market.  (IE would you like me to supersize that GF Starscream ;))  I also beleive he is responsible for ammassing hasbro requirements before passing them over to the takara engineering team.

Perils of power in a customer facing general public environment.  People will always latch onto the bad and overlook the good, its the same in any business, you may be the greatest for a long time but you make one mistake and bang, all that good work is gone forever.  Its sad but its a fact that bad gets far more recognition than good.

However I would bet that even his most hardened critics would be more than happy to chat with him in a convention/social environment, people are huge hypocrites :lol

Fact is he is the No.1 TF guy in hasbro, gets paid plenty for it and there isnt a person on these boards who wouldnt love to have his job and he knows it, while people Starscream, hes laughing, lucky swine ;)

Yup, sums it up nicely.

My thoughts on why Archer is hated goes back to - the fact that A) We know his name, B) Hastak is notoriously bad at communicating with the fans!!! C) designs and nods to the fans are continually done half assed

D) as people say - hes a fame-grubbing politician more than a toy designer which added to the above faults make him a target (if you want the fame be ready for the flak of "your" bad decisions as well)

Hunter

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there some sort of "issue" over Hasbro employees posting at certain sites and not others, causing Archer to keep all employees from posting?

I remember the name "Orson" but I was new to the fandom at that point so I missed most of what happened.

As head of a department/line, it's actually his job to be a politician. He is always going to be the name and face at large functions and meetings for the Transformers line since he is in charge. His personality may make him look for the spotlight more often than other managers/leaders, but that job inherently requires some politicking and face time. As far as his decisions go, at the end of the day, he has to make decisions that make money for Hasbro. If he doesn't, he's out of a job.

As head of a department/line, it's actually his job to be a politician. He is always going to be the name and face at large functions and meetings for the Transformers line since he is in charge. His personality may make him look for the spotlight more often than other managers/leaders, but that job inherently requires some politicking and face time. As far as his decisions go, at the end of the day, he has to make decisions that make money for Hasbro. If he doesn't, he's out of a job.

:pfx

*avoids inflammatory comment about how fanboys don't have a clue about how to interact with others so they wouldn't understand Archer's position*

he's pretty much in charge of Hasbro's tf division. almost all american tf related decisions can be traced back to him. it's archer who decides which paint apps to remove from the american version of the toys. it's archer who decides what names the tf's get. it's archer who decides which tf's get re-released in Universe. it's archer who decides which tf's get reissued. it's archer who decides if the toyline will have fembots.

if he makes a good decision, good for him. but if he makes a bad decision, he should be expected to face the consiquences, especially if the decision is idiotic and half-assed.

also, i hate how he outright lies to the fans just to keep from tarnishing hasbro's image, but then again lots of people in charge of tf's do that.

Archived