Why is Aaron Archer so evil?

Lord Madhammer

HAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHA

Dear oh dear, mastermind of the alternators indeed, his claim to this line is he "thought it would be cool to have tfs as modern day cars", by this logic I also invented the alternators long ago and so did a hell of a lot of people, I also lay claim to time travel and warp technology ;) He is a typical western `boss` eager to lay claim to as much as he can which is made all the easier when their partners are the Japanese who are significantly more introverted and honourable.

Dont get me wrong I have nothing against AA personally, just know his type, hes a politician as opposed to a designer but to be fair he is a fan, he may not take the line the way we all want them to go (no-one could, would you beleive some people like BW/BM :P) I also have been lead to beleive he is a througly nice person.  Ultimately he is the boss and should have a veto over any lame decisions so if any slip through they are his responsibility (Cybertron Starscream :roll) Hell if I was in the big chair you could all bitch about me with my blessing ;)

Is he really in that kind of a position though? Is he the one who rubber-stamps any and every TF decision? IMO it's this kind of thinking that leads to Archer-bashing, b/c anytime something happens that some fan doesn't like, it's like "AHA!!!! I TOLD YOU HE SUCKS!!" Nevermind that he never gets any credit for any good decision Hasbro makes. JMO

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he really in that kind of a position though? Is he the one who rubber-stamps any and every TF decision? IMO it's this kind of thinking that leads to Archer-bashing, b/c anytime something happens that some fan doesn't like, it's like "AHA!!!! I TOLD YOU HE SUCKS!!" Nevermind that he never gets any credit for any good decision Hasbro makes. JMO

I think he may be in that position now, or at least something close to it.  During Energon and Armada he was Hasbro's lead TF designer.  That meant he was responsible for character designs, heads, detail line art, color schemes, suggestions to the engineers on what kinds of alt-modes to use... basically, everything that keeps the figures from being transforming Stikfas.  He's never done the engineering, which is almost entirely done on Takara's end.  Up through Energon, he's never had final say over the names, and has only been able to offer suggestions to the marketing department; that may have changed as of the start of Cybertron, since that coincides with him being promoted.

I'm going off sketchy information here, but I think that's what we've heard.

Hes `head of transformer design` or some such like, hence all decisions should pass by his desk first, he certainly wont have the power to veto a takara design but does have the authority to decide the fate of said design in his market.  (IE would you like me to supersize that GF Starscream ;))  I also beleive he is responsible for ammassing hasbro requirements before passing them over to the takara engineering team.

Perils of power in a customer facing general public environment.  People will always latch onto the bad and overlook the good, its the same in any business, you may be the greatest for a long time but you make one mistake and bang, all that good work is gone forever.  Its sad but its a fact that bad gets far more recognition than good.

However I would bet that even his most hardened critics would be more than happy to chat with him in a convention/social environment, people are huge hypocrites :lol

Fact is he is the No.1 TF guy in hasbro, gets paid plenty for it and there isnt a person on these boards who wouldnt love to have his job and he knows it, while people Starscream, hes laughing, lucky swine ;)

Archived