Next Takara TF Masterpiece?

stly92

Hey Scotty, thanks for the info my friend. You are indeed right that Hasbro has no palotas. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse, and what they should do is make a Masterpiece or Commemerative of Fort Maximus and allow it to only be sold to an age group of say...15 and older. That would be a way to keep the "oh so sharp pieces" from hurting some kid. And Megatron being a gun? give me a break!!! Dont tell me gun control issues have reached the toy world cmon!!!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another problem with megs is that the original fig was about 1/1 scale for the alt mode. to make megs able to stand up to prime they would have to make his gun mode ridiculously huge (although that would make it look unrealistic enough that perhaps is could conform to US toy laws!)

The only megs that they could do to scale and keep with the size of prime would be Beast Wars Neo Green Tank Megs. The toy laws would keep the G1 megs from being made, unless it was orange, and the scale would be all off. And we all knew that Hasbro has no hootspas, I mean look at RID, we couldnt even get a brave maximus.

Another problem with megs is that the original fig was about 1/1 scale for the alt mode. to make megs able to stand up to prime they would have to make his gun mode ridiculously huge (although that would make it look unrealistic enough that perhaps is could conform to US toy laws!)

Just what I was thinkin'. Otherwise the only other decepticon deserving of mp status is Starscream.

exactly. i don't care about the size just the fact that they do it.

The only megs that they could do to scale and keep with the size of prime would be Beast Wars Neo Green Tank Megs. The toy laws would keep the G1 megs from being made, unless it was orange, and the scale would be all off. And we all knew that Hasbro has no hootspas, I mean look at RID, we couldnt even get a brave maximus.

NO FREAKIN' TANKS DAMMIT!!!

FORTRESS MAXIMUS?!

THAT WOULD COST TOO MUCH THINK OF THE SIZE OF HIM NOW BIGGER THAN UNICORN

And the problem with a Masterpiece Fortress Maximus being expensive is? Die casting him like MPP does him justice! Keep in mind when he came out originally, he was the most expensive Transformer. While he was targeted for kids Takara and Hasbro knew it would mainly be collectors who'd spend the monies needed. This holds true today, who do you think is buying the -expensive- die cast versions of Transformers like MPP? The Hasbro 20th Anniversary version is delibrately cheaper in price to attract a different audience, the young children and not so eager wallets of the parents. This ia significant difference between the pricing of Hasbro's version and Takara's, b/c with the later they knew it would mainly be collectors buying.

Lastly, no offense but so what if Fortress Maximus IS bigger than Unicron is currently in Energon and Armada? That just means we need to encourage Takara and Hasbro to make an even larger die cast version (with plastic parts) of Unicron. :thumb

Archived