What would make a cool Dinobot?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Despite many fan-fic wanna be stuff, yeah. They're not.

But since we're talking Transformers, they could in fact be something like the original Dinos. Wheeljack thought earth dinos were so neat, he went home and built a themed team on them. They could make a themed team based on Daikaiju in general. Include them all.

Something like: Autobot watches TV with earthlings

Autobot thinks supermonsters rock

Autobot begs prime for budget, time, and material

Big monster dinos result.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking.  There could be a whole Daikaiju homage done for the entire like made in both Mech (origional DINOBOT styling), and Beast (done with the BEAST WARS or TM2 styling). but definately all have to have the beautiful engineering used on the newer TRANSFORMERS now.  DAIKAIJUBOTS.  I like the sound of that.

I think PRIME would give the go ahead on the project, especially since he made a killing on Energon Springs stock on CYBERTRON.  He and MIRAGE should be able to fund the whole thing.

Ultraman....hmmmm... :mwahaha The mad science might begin tonight!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine a triple changing Mothra! Catapillar mode, Butterfly mode and robot mode! With two minicon twin robot girls that turn into weapons.

Velociraptor? If you have a team of heavyweights, why pitch in a chicken sized lizard killer? Oh wait- You mean a Deinonychus! Ah. You mixed up because you saw Jurassic park and believed everything you saw.

/Step away slowly from the dino geek.

HAHAHA... nice

Velociraptor? If you have a team of heavyweights, why pitch in a chicken sized lizard killer? Oh wait- You mean a Deinonychus! Ah. You mixed up because you saw Jurassic park and believed everything you saw.

/Step away slowly from the dino geek.

HAHAHA... nice

*used to be a dino geek*

I actually hadn't ever heard of a velociraptor until I saw Jurassic Park. But I always thought Deinonychus was the shiznit (next to the "was most likely a scavenger but I prefer to think of him as a predator b/c he just looks too cool to be a giant vulture" T-Rex). :thumb

I supposed the Decepts could counter with the villains. King Ghidorah, Megalon, Gigan from Godzila line... Gaos and Guiron from Gamera... maybe one of pincer monsters dudes from Ultraman.

NOICE!!  I like the ideas of the villans too. I can imagine the Pincer monsters being able to do tremendous damage.

Cyclonus X, that idea for MOTHRA is pretty sweet.  The MINICON GIRLS would have to be something useful to MOTHRA though...concussion missles/antennae?  Maybe they both form the thorax of MOTHRA and then handheld weapons?

Zepolite_Z, I saw that likeness.  It would have been better if HASTAK were able to do something about the head of the DINO form.  Flushing it better to the back for instance, giving him more of a G-1 GRIMM feel but incorporate the same type of transformation would have made him a better toy in my eyes.  Everything else is pretty cool about this guy except the one annoying detail.  I can easily see what you are talking about with SIGNALFLAIR.  I need to get a few more of the green ones just for that fact. :thumb

I was thinking about the transformation of GODZILLA and GAMERA.  I think that GODZILLA should be able to borrow a lot from the transformation from TM2 MEGS.  There are a few thoings I'd change to make this work as a monster and a robot.  I think I'd definately have the head and tail being removable to form some kind of weapon and GAMERA I'd like to work into another part of the main body of the GESTALT form.  I'd like to think that this would add to the sturdiness of the combined form but may just make him too body heavy.  Still thinking... :thumb

guys my idea of the ultimate dinobot grimlock would either be him transforming into a dinomode that has the best attributes of the t rex and utah raptor. a tyrannoraptor as it were. or him having the latest mechagodzilla body for himself as a dinobot

kitbash wise  the figure could be transmetal megatron with action master grimlocks head bashed on with nightslash cheetors hands and wrists bashed onto the robot arms and a set of energon cruellocks clawed dinofeet molded onto the robot hands. with the tail assembly being extended somewhat and a set of tm2 dragon megatron dragon arms bashed onto the trex body. tweak the feet a little and he could pose raptor style.

this would rock as a beast wars figure

The ankylasaurus could have been better in my opinion. Still good though.  Those are the two dinosaurs I would like to see added to the dinobots.  I'd like to see your versons Me Grimlock.

Archived