My Alt. Mode Sucks

I dig it...I can picture it like this:

The REAL Monsterbots

Godzilla

Anguirus

Rodan

Gigan

Baragon

Exactly!! :thumb Aaaand since there's a lot that the designers have learned over the years...maybe a decent GESTALT being made from these figures?  I'd still add GAMERA to make the crew an even six robot team.  Take the name DYNOBOTS (from the Wars Within comicbook/manga) and we have a definate winner.  Wonder what that would look like?  I'd definately make them all deluxe sized.  I mean all of them.  Either Deluxe sized or BT/ALT sized would be faaaantaaastic. :schin

I wonder if MOTHERA and MECHA-GODZILLA can be worked into the scheme as other attachments or a "monster" weapon of some kind?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly!! :thumb Aaaand since there's a lot that the designers have learned over the years...maybe a decent GESTALT being made from these figures?  I'd still add GAMERA to make the crew an even six robot team.  Take the name DYNOBOTS (from the Wars Within comicbook/manga) and we have a definate winner.  Wonder what that would look like?  I'd definately make them all deluxe sized.  I mean all of them.  Either Deluxe sized or BT/ALT sized would be faaaantaaastic. :schin

I wonder if MOTHERA and MECHA-GODZILLA can be worked into the scheme as other attachments or a "monster" weapon of some kind?

Mothera could be made into some sort of super shield.

Mothera could be made into some sort of super shield.

NOICE!! :thumb

Wonder what else can be done on this?  Should these guys become a GESTALT or just singular robots with powerful gimmicks?

i can also visualize Mecha-Godzilla as a cannon or super gun. shoulder, arm, or hand held.

When I read this I thought this would be cool too,  but then started thinking. If Godzilla is a transformer, technacaly he would already be Mecha Godzilla.  So then we would have a Mecha Robot Godzilla as a twin?

Ankylosaurus would have been a good one...

That's the first one I thought of.

As to the later mentioning of the Daikaiju monsters (Godzilla, King Gidorah, et al) I thought of that as a kid in th 80s, they would be awesome. Larger than the Gestault class giants, smaller than the City-sized supergiants. Maybe even toss in a curve by making THEM gestault components to a super giant. Kaiju Maximus! Plus he could use a Gamera-based one as a handheld sheild, gladiator style.

When I read this I thought this would be cool too,  but then started thinking. If Godzilla is a transformer, technacaly he would already be Mecha Godzilla.  So then we would have a Mecha Robot Godzilla as a twin?

Not necessarily.  MECHA-GODZILLA I would imagine to be a totally different design type to GODZILLA.  I personally wouldn't change MECHA-GODZILLA'S look at all in Giant Monster mode except for giving him more articulation and making him more dynamic looking by accentuating what's already there and then making him work in a way that would make him have a kick ass robomode.  Godzilla however, I'd totally go BEAST WARS PSYCHO on and make the King of all Monsters the reptile/dragon we all love but giving him domething that would be reminicent of GRIMLOCK (Masterpieced of course) and T-Rex MEGS.

TRAILBREAKIMUS, RAIDER...great ideas!! :thumb

Damn...I  really want to see this thing happen! :tftongue

New Dinobots? If they were done in a mech beast style as opposed to the organic BW style? Hell yeah. I'd really like to see the original Dinobots redone with modern enginering. Now what other Dinos would make good bots....

Ankylosaurus and/or Polacanthus.

A Velociraptor type as a basic sized bot(could be the groups scout or tracker).

An Allosaurus, similer beast mode to Grimlock but smaller and with a different transformation.

Brachiosaurus would be good for one of the bigger size clases. Plenty of mounted weapons(maybe some basics or minicons could attach as guns target master style) and a different transform to set him apart from Sludge.

One of the smaller Pterosaurs as a basic sized bot so Swoop wouldent feel lonely up there  :tfgrin  .

Ophthalmosaurus, just to hear people Starscream about a Dolphin Dinobot ;-)

Liopleurodon, to add some more sea power. Defenitly one for the bigger size clases.

One of the long necked Plesiosaurs for even more sea power.

Dimetrodon, I've always loved the look of these guys.

I cant remember the name of them, but those Dinos with the really thick skulls that head butted there opponents.

Spinasaurus, mainly becouse of Jurrasic park.

What about a Carnotaurus Dinobot?

:clap3 I think I'm the only one who got that.

My take? Any dinosaur. C'mon, it's a DINOSAUR that turns into a ROBOT.

Archived