ALT-ATAXIA

Hunter Rose

If it`s the model that it looks like it is then it is 1:24. I don`t think Tamiya made the beetle in many other scales. In fact I don`t even think they use 1:28 scale for their models.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, must be hard meshing those different bots together. Best of luck with the project. By the way, looking at the posture in the top picture I have to say, ataxia seems a very appropriate name :thumb

The word, “ataxia�, comes from the Greek word, “a taxis� meaning “without order or incoordination�. The Medline plus Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary defines ataxia (a-tak-se-a) as, “An inability to coordinate muscular movements that is symptomatic of some nervous disorders.�

The word ataxia is often used to describe a symptom of incoordination which can be associated with infections, injuries, other diseases, or degenerative changes in the central nervous system. Ataxia is also used to denote a group of specific degenerative diseases of the nervous system called the hereditary and sporadic ataxias which are the National Ataxia Foundation’s primary emphases.

Bluestreak1701 i love you - haha thats exactly right.  As i mentioned, i will have my fan fic up as soon as i can, and to put it bluntly the character is an expert at "bio-warfare" and what all that means in TF terms.... unfortunately he has a tendency to test on himself which has given more than few permanent side effects.

regarding the combining of the two bots - what i did was carved out the flaps of swipe's waist.  and then there is the cavity that connects swipes discs to his legs - well witha little modification you can insert the ball joints from either ravage or smokescreen into there.  that then gives you swipes upper body rotating naturally on swipes waist, with ravages hips supporting smoke's legs

And the model is a 1:24 Revel Level 2 with "Tuner" options.  I knew that getting the nicere Tamiya would have made my life much easier, but i really liked the

tuner additions that the Revel offered me. to answer fire convoy- the models are the same scale but the beetle really is just way tinyer than the subaru or the viper

Hunter

"Troit-slaggers"

Here is a Headshot that Deathmarch designed for me.  In it you can see a little bit of where i am going with my character - yes he has piercings, and a mohowk of sorts.

I need help: what do you guys reccomend for me to create a removable mouth-Grill that will fit over Sidswipe's modified head?

What can  you all reccomend for me to design a mohawk?

I also need help because the porportions of the beetle to the Viper and the Subaru are so off i can not place my wheels correctly. I remedied that on the legs by completely rebuilding the ankles.  But I dont see how that will work on the shoulders.  The only idea i have right now is to shave off the axle, and align my wheels off center and gluing them in place - they will look porportionate (so i believe) but of course they will not be functional.  Also since i am using the Bakc of the viper and the back of the subaru - i have no steering (though that is not as important...)

Hunter

post-4338-1114041815.jpg

Okay,1) for a removeable grill over the face, use sheet styrene to create the grill. simply cut it out of the sheet, use an xacto knife to make the cut-outs, then warm the plastic gently so you can bend it to the proper shape. Leave a little extra on either side so you can trim it to fit SS' head. If you do it right, pressure from the sides of SS's helmet should keep the piece in place. Of course, you could do tabs along either side, with recesses in the protrusions in SS' helmet to lock it firmly in.2) the mohawk can be made using sheet styrene. And very easily too. Just make a template for the top of the head, then trace the head contour onto the styrene. then draw your mohawk design out, and cut it from the sheet. To thicken it, trace this as a template about 5-6 times onto the same sheet of plastic, and cut those out. Then laminate them together using glue.(USE IT SPARINGLY: toulene/xylenemodel glue melts plastic. Epoxy may be better for this.)3) As for the wheels, the wonderful thing about transformers is that if something will be out of place because of the transformation, you can simply add a joint or cam to bring it back inot alignment! It sounds to me like the shoulder rotation will make putting the wheels in impossible, but without pics of the joint or schematics to go by, it will be difficult at the least to suggest an effective remedy. My suggestion is to remove the axle, glue it to a plate, the hinge the plate so that it moves out of the way during transform and arm rotation. The plate can lock into place when it's in alt mode, so the wheel can still turn. (I'm guessing at this, so if it doesn't sound right, forgive me.)

3) As for the wheels, the wonderful thing about transformers is that if something will be out of place because of the transformation, you can simply add a joint or cam to bring it back inot alignment! It sounds to me like the shoulder rotation will make putting the wheels in impossible, but without pics of the joint or schematics to go by, it will be difficult at the least to suggest an effective remedy. My suggestion is to remove the axle, glue it to a plate, the hinge the plate so that it moves out of the way during transform and arm rotation. The plate can lock into place when it's in alt mode, so the wheel can still turn. (I'm guessing at this, so if it doesn't sound right, forgive me.)

thanks WV - but i will be using the same TF-Scheme that Sideswipe used originally.

Is this guy a different TF-scheme?  I thought he was using Swipe's upper half.

http://www.tfmaster.com/gallery_kb0048.php

thanks for everyone's comments and help

I will be posting more this weekend (shell is painted and ready to start assembly)

Hunter

Very Dedicated Custom PK....you Obviously Invested some Time & Love into this! 

( I'm a Sucker for Cool Origins/Backstories too! )   

Well -- massive tradgedy today

Both of Ataxia's ankles shattered (yes, that means many different small pieces)

i had to go out to KB-toys (fitting isnt it) and buy the last Smokescreen i know of in my area

i am NOT going to redesign ihis ankles this time - that was a mistake.  If i have to i will redesign his Axles for the wheels .....

that being said - his hood/ches has been completed, and his Tail/roof attachment is done

pics tomorrow

Hunter

Archived