BT toys, construction compared to G1 counterparts

Baron Funstix

I don't see any reason to keep the G1 transformation schemes. The G1 transformation schemes were designed for specific cars, and what worked for one car may not work with another. (One reason why Sideswipe is no longer a hood-chest bot, for instance.) Anyway, the Alt/BT line is a G1 homage line, not a replication of G1 (that would be the "Masterpiece" line, such as it is).

IBL

I would have liked to have seen Meister's shoulder-wheel placement more G1ish, But I agree.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how even though some of the mold weren't made for certain characters, they were still able to get homages even with replacement heads. Like how Sideswipe still has side wheel shoulders and doors going down beside his arms even though the mold was made for Tracks.

I don't see any reason to keep the G1 transformation schemes. The G1 transformation schemes were designed for specific cars, and what worked for one car may not work with another. (One reason why Sideswipe is no longer a hood-chest bot, for instance.) Anyway, the Alt/BT line is a G1 homage line, not a replication of G1 (that would be the "Masterpiece" line, such as it is).

BTW, don't expect to make a lot of friends here if you show up with a chip on your shoulder. Lose the attitude or else it's gonna be :wave for you.

And just to be on the safe side:

IBL

Well listen sport, maybe you should can up and read all the posts, I started this topic, I just didnt appreciate the few rude responses, and second of all, dont warn me, what are you, my mother?  Grow up a little.

Mini review of Alternators/Binaltech

Smokescreen--First out, and I believe still the most well carried out mold. Feet are a bit large, but no figure yet is as poseable as the Subarus. Also, by far the most faithful to the G1 transformation out of the Alternators line. Prefer the colors of Bluestreak(Silverstreak by Hasbro). One of my favorite G1 heads.

Sideswipe--Those legs are a problem. Is bow-legged, and that really can't be fixed. Lots of kibble in the way too. My least favorite Alt.

Bluestreak(Silverstreak)--My favorite of the Subarus. Though its not as new and shiny as the more recent Alts, Bluestreak still looks good, is very well proportioned(aside from the feet), and poses better as well as looks better posing than any other Alt. Slight variation compared to Smokescreen of one of my favorite G1 heads.

Hound--Love the Jeep. Robot mode is decent, compared to other Alts, but I'm not fond of the arms having little connection with the body, and the tiny little girlie-man pistol. Not as poseable as it looks.

Dead End--Car mode looks sick. In robot mode, suffers from the same problems as Sideswipe.

Jazz(Meister--Most fun to transform of the Alts. I must say I prefer the red Takara one. Legs are ratchet joints and I'm not fond of that, and the gun is a floppy mess. I find the Subarus better proportioned as well.

Tracks--One of the best looking robots of the line. Not fond of the line down the hood of the car, its way too obvious. Love how he has guns everywhere. Not really poseable, but makes up for it in looks. One of my favorites.

Grimlock--My favorite Alt. Love the sword. I also just love the new Mustang, and Grimlock's robot mode really suits him. Its big and bulky, and Grimlock looks like he could physically break any of the other Alternators in two. Big thick legs, popeye type bulging biceps(so to speak) and those exaggerated shoulders.

Swindle--Not terribly different from Hound. Just minor changes.

Ravage(Battle Ravage)--Better than Tracks. I for one just love the cat head. Car mode looks better as a convertible, and the black paint job masks the crease down the center of the hood that so annoys me with tracks. Again, pretty robot mode with piles of guns that also looks better in black.

Windcharger--NO FREAKING GUN!!! Sure, I've already purchased an aftermarket driveshaft for Windcharger as well as Binaltech Overdrive, but I'm still ticked. I like the top up or top down option. I'm not terribly fond of the stiff stork-like legs, though I'm impressed he can stand so well with those weird feet. I don't find my self liking this one as much as others. He's not as pretty to look at as Ravage, Tracks or Shockwave, and I don't like the mold as much as Grimlock or Bluestreak. I find Windcharger middle of the pack.

Shockwave(Shockblast)--Winner of the "I would have never expected to see that character" in Alternators award. Car looks great with the body mods, purple color, and black rims. I just love Shockwaves evil looking head and gun-arm on an Alt. Not one of my favorite molds, but the color and Shockwave features make this a favorite. Better than Jazz

Well listen sport, maybe you should can up and read all the posts, I started this topic, I just didnt appreciate the few rude responses, and second of all, dont warn me, what are you, my mother?  Grow up a little.

First off...Madhammer didn't warn you...a Mod did. And he is right about his point, BUT yes you recieved some snide/rude comments.

Some people just aren't going to be nice or helpful all the time, no biggie...it's the Internet.

I do agree with Splendic, however...you need to work on the comas. It makes it hard to read. And Splendic was only joking with you.

Ok, now on to the topic...

Meh, I don't see a need to replicate Prowl as a Subaru again. I think he should be his own mold. He is a top-ranking bot and one of the most rememberable. I honestly don't think I could force myself buy another Subaru mold from this toy line (unless it was a super-remolded Custom).

I still don't think the Prowl we have coming up is all that ugly or horrid. I think it'll improve and look nice before it's over with. I'm glad Prowl is getting a new mold with a new transformation scheme, even though he was the one that most remember for the protuding-hood = chest design.

The Viper couldn't follow the G1 scheme and look that good, unless they made it so the hood cut in half and folded down...that would look a bit weird though. As others have stated and will state, this isn't "G1 New Millennium Redo". It's just based on what G1 did.

Meister, Grimlock, Swindle and Tracks are my favs of this toy line. When/If I can get Shockwave, Ravage, Windcharger, and Wheeljack I might change my mind, but I doubt it.

wowididn'tthinkmylittlejokewasgoingtoupsetyousomuchunicron'sblues, butyou'rebeingunnecessarilyrudeanywaysowhocares, imsuprprisedthatyouwouldbeadouchetoamodthough, thatmeansyoullprobablybegoneprettyquick, haveimadethisdifficultenoughtoread?

wowididn'tthinkmylittlejokewasgoingtoupsetyousomuchunicron'sblues, butyou'rebeingunnecessarilyrudeanywaysowhocares, imsuprprisedthatyouwouldbeadouchetoamodthough, thatmeansyoullprobablybegoneprettyquick, haveimadethisdifficultenoughtoread?

:tflaugh

Archived