BT toys, construction compared to G1 counterparts

Baron Funstix

I just received my new BT overdrive on friday and I have to say, I think this is the best one yet, I enjoy how theres not a whole bunch of dangling pieces like with sideswipe and his feet dont look rediculous like with Hound's, overall I think its very good, the figure transforms well, but doesnt look incredibly stupid in robot mode, looks they finally got one right, only took what 12 times before, dont get me wrong, I love all my bt's, I like what they did with jazz and silverstreak, hound and sideswipe I think could have been done a little better, I mean why not just stick with the original transformation ability as the G1 figures had, anyways, tell me what you guys think, also, why is BT Prowl being done with a diffrent mold than smokescreen and silverstreak, I mean in G1 there all the same mold, so why have one diffrent and the other 2 alike? :yay

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since in this Line EVERYONE Has at least 1 twin,  I wouldn't mind Prowl being a Different Mold If it was an Improvement......

I just received my new BT overdrive on friday and I have to say, I think this is the best one yet, I enjoy how theres not a whole bunch of dangling pieces like with sideswipe and his feet dont look rediculous like with Hound's, overall I think its very good, the figure transforms well, but doesnt look incredibly stupid in robot mode, looks they finally got one right, only took what 12 times before, dont get me wrong, I love all my bt's, I like what they did with jazz and silverstreak, hound and sideswipe I think could have been done a little better, I mean why not just stick with the original transformation ability as the G1 figures had, anyways, tell me what you guys think, also, why is BT Prowl being done with a diffrent mold than smokescreen and silverstreak, I mean in G1 there all the same mold, so why have one diffrent and the other 2 alike? :yay

Take a breath!

:tftongue

also, why is BT Prowl being done with a diffrent mold than smokescreen and silverstreak, I mean in G1 there all the same mold, so why have one diffrent and the other 2 alike? :yay

Because not everything necessarily has to be an exact carbon copy of what happened 20 years ago?

One reason they probably went with a new mold for prowl is probably because of how long Smokescreen sat on the shelf. Prowl is also more of a major character Being semi second in command. If the Viper Sideswipe would have kept his G1 transformation scheme he would have looked dumb with his hood hanging down to his knees like a poncho.

You do have a point tman regarding sideswipes hood, however, his feet suck in my opinion, with overdrive they put those little red vents on the side to help balance, however with sideswipe, they just seem to get in the way.  And to my good buddies Nevermore and splendic, bite my big shiny metal ass, sound good?  Hows that breath now?

You do have a point tman regarding sideswipes hood, however, his feet suck in my opinion, with overdrive they put those little red vents on the side to help balance, however with sideswipe, they just seem to get in the way.  And to my good buddies Nevermore and splendic, bite my big shiny metal ass, sound good?  Hows that breath now?

We're going to have LOTS of fun with you... :eplus

Archived