Transformers: Alternators

I didn't get much of a response on the little sneak I put up the other day. Here is all of episode 1. It is four pages in MS Word at 12 pt font. Let me know if there are any issues.

We may not be robots anymore, but we will always fight!

Smokescreen sighed as he realized exactly what was going on.

TRANSFORMERS: ALTERNATORS

Power Reborn

The Earth has been under attack for over a year now. The Decepticons gained a “one up� on the defense when they unleashed the Cosmic Rust onto the Autobots Hound, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Jazz, Smokescreen and Silver Streak. Every Autobot stationed on Earth has been affected by it by now. Most others have returned to Cybertron for new body construction. However the original 6 warriors have remained behind to try to fend off the Decepticons in any way possible.

However, no one was aware that a secret project has been underway since the war began. Dubbed Project: Alternator, the government hopes to use terrestrial cars to help fight the war. There has always been one problem, the spark of a warrior is not something you make.

The members of Project: Alternator, a group of ten vehicles thus far, includes two versions of the Subaru Impreza WRC and WRX, the Dodge Viper SRT-10 and GTS, Dodge Neon SRT-4, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Ram 1500, Chevrolet Corvette, Mazda 6, and Mazda RX-8.

Contact Cybertron. We need to speak to someone over there!

A soldier flipped a few switches, typed a few lines into his console.

A picture appeared on the screen in front of them of a large white robot, this was Ultra Magnus one of the Autobot Commanders.

“Magnus in�

“Magnus, I want to upload some files to your location for review. This is a secret project we’ve been working on since the war began. We have been calling it Project: Alternator. It is based on your Autobots, cars that can change to robots and back. Review the information we’re about to upload to you, you’ll see what our problem is at the end.

Private, upload the information to Cybertron.�

“Right away…�

…..

“That’s odd, resending�

“Did it get there?�

“Yes�

“Good�

“Magnus, review the information and get back to us here. I know that it is something that will help out your team as well as ours.�

…on Cybertron…

..Ultra Magnus is reviewing the information, a video compilation of cars that turn into robots…

“If you are seeing this portion� ..Said the General on the video… “then we still have not gotten through this problem.

Behind me stands Meister, the Mazda RX-8 Alternator. As you can see, we can transform him via remote control. Doctor, could you demonstrate?�

“Rightieo gov’na�

…Meister transforms from robot to Mazda RX-8 mode…

“But when he receives the verbal command to change, its just too complex for the AI. Watch.�

“Meister, transform to robot!�

“What?�

“Convert your body from a vehicle to a robot.�

…Meister just kind of stood there, and everyone waited…

“As you can see, they don’t know how to transform. It’s programmed in, they don’t understand it, its very mind boggling. That is where your teams can come in. As you know we got the idea of this from your troops. Basically, we are looking for volunteers. Your faction is at as much of a disadvantage as we are. Please contact us ASAP with your decision.

End Transmission.�

“Smokescreen and Side Swipe are out of stasis…they still can’t transform.�

“Thanks Ratchet….can you wait here a moment, I want you to be here when I talk to them?�

“Yeah no problem.�

“I think we may finally have a fighting chance against the cosmic rust, and it’s going to involve you and some humans.�

“Wh….what?�

“I can’t explain right now, but follow me, it’ll make more sense.�

…

“Side Swipe, Smokescreen, you guys alright.�

“Well, I’m no worse than before the battle, but I still can’t change..� Sideswipe

“There’s gotta be something we can do to fix this. Ratchet, you figure out anything yet?�

“Wait guys, I have a better plan. I want you to look at this.�

Ultra Magnus plays the information about Project: Alternator.

“Obviously you can see their dilemma. That is where you two can come in. Smokescreen and Side Swipe I am requesting that you two become the very first members of Transformers: Alternators. You will gain new, more sophisticated bodies of human creation. These are vehicles that are designed for human use. I need to know if you two accept. Should you accept and as long as the experiment goes as planned, others will join. Hound, Silverstreak, Jazz, and Sunstreaker will be next.�

“One question, which cars will we become.�

“Ah, that is for you two to decide, but you have already seen the ones available.�

“Well you can count me in, and I will definitely be taking that Subaru WRC model. When do I leave?�

“Hey what about me, I want to take that Dodge Viper SRT-10 out for a spin…per se…�

“Ratchet I want you to head to earth with them, assist the humans in a spark transfer. Make sure that these new bodies will be able to handle our sparks. I also want you to do research into this project. We have hundreds of troops out there that need new bodies. Our cybertronian alloys are no match for cosmic rust.�

“I understand. I’ll do anything to help get those bastards back for what they did to Optimus.�

“Ok then. Let me set you guys up.�

“Admiral, come in. Magnus calling.�

“What is it Magnus�

“I’m going to send you two troops, Smokescreen and Side Swipe. I am uploading their information and choices to you. I am also sending Ratchet, our chief medic. I want him to assist you in transferring the sparks to the new bodies. He will also be checking the new bodies for any issues. How soon can I send them?�

The admiral reads the choices.

“You can send them now. Both of those cars are ready.�

“Magnus Out�

“Ok guys here’s the good news, you can get out there right now.

Ratchet, I want you to head out there with them, make sure everything goes alright and check out those frames before these soldiers get in them.�

“You got it."

"I am activating the Space Bridge for you guys right now. Report back as often as possible."

The three Autobots left. While on the Space Bridge, Ratchet explained everything that was going on, what they would feel and presumably what would happen after the transfer was successful. No one wanted to think of what would happen if it didn’t go alright. When they arrived at the military installation, many guards were shocked to see no drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived