Optimal Optimus & Megatron

Elita-One

Beast Convoy, was a Convoy in Japan, he even had a Matrix

t3hMatric.jpg

FYI....in JAPAN they wrote it that megs and Primal were actually the g1 counterparts...needless to say they didn't have access to the script for seasons 2 and 3 so things then got a bit confusing for them...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Optimus Primal took Optimus Prime's spark in his body he actually sounded like Prime. Not so much his voice but what he said. He did quote Prime by saying "Transform and roll out" and "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

So I think it was somewhat of a fusion and the body change that it resulted in was permanent. Same for Megatron though the lava there did help.

According to the US storyline "Prime" is the title given to the current Autobot leader and bearer of the Matrix. So I would say that the title Convoy has nothing to do with the title Prime.

G1 Optimus Prime was called Convoy in Japan and because every new Autobot leader looks like Optimus the Japanese include the Convoy part in their names. Optimus Primal is called Beast Convoy and he was "just" the captain of the Axalon except for the Maximal leader. He did not excactly command an army.  :tftongue \

As for Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod. If Hot Rod was unworthy of carrying the Matrix then he would not have changed at all. Ultra Magnus did not change either. So if Hot Rod was unworthy like Magnus was then why did he change.

I think there is no quick explanation for this. It is just a toy line thing. The designers made a Hot Rod and Rodimus toy and in order to sell them both they had both in the movie. Later Rodimus became Hot Rod again because there was a Targetmaster Hot Rod on the shelves and it would sell better if he was in the show.

But then again, if the writers of Enterprise can come up with a story to explain the ridgeless Klingons during Kirk's time, then there may be a possible explanation for this as well.  :tftongue

FYI....in JAPAN they wrote it that megs and Primal were actually the g1 counterparts...needless to say they didn't have access to the script for seasons 2 and 3 so things then got a bit confusing for them...

They Never flat out said it, they only hinted, so when seasons 2 and 3 came around, they weren't in that much of a mess.

Beast Convoy was never the the commaneder of the Cybertrons. The Convoy Concel,(led by Great Convoy) was. ALL the starship captains had the name Convoy, and a less powerful Fragment of the Matrix

p.s. the toy has a matrix molded into it.

Here's the way I look at it because I believe Transformers can reproduce, in a way (I'm not putting my explanaiton of it again)

Optimus Primal is the son of Optimus Prime, his real name is Optimus Prime Jr. and when he land on earth he modifies his name like Cheeor, and Rattrap so it is Optimus Primal.

Megatron is the son of Galvatron (megatron). So galvatrob names his son after his former self. (BTW Op's mother is Elita 1 and Megs is Starscreams sister, Screma)

And the way I believe, or have at least mad up in my TF Universe, is that Megs is a Maximal at heart but is insane by the way his father has made him. (Megs is actuall he is Rattrap's father in my Universe)

YOu'll all read about it in toy of my fanficts when I finally get off my lazy ass and finish them

Archived