FINALLY HOW TO TELL IF ENERGON PRIME :

darthfather2005

I don't want to read any more topics on this:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/pl/page.../dn/default.cfm

Q: Hasbro mentioned on the December 1, 2003 news posting that the TRANSFORMERS ENERGON OPTIMUS PRIME’S face-plate will be changing to more closely match the program animation. When will this variation be available in stores and what changes should one look for to ensure purchase of the modified version?

A: The OPTIMUS PRIME with updated face-plate will be recognizable by a code embossed onto the package. Please look for an embossed 40331 on the back of the package if you want to make sure you are purchasing the updated version of OPTIMUS PRIME.

I must say, the mouth does make for an interesting variant. Where have you seen that done before?

The question is now that you can tell. Do you get one with a mouth or not? In a couple years this may be a real hot item. Nut $40 is a bit expensive just to get one with that feature.

Anyone else stuck on this too?

I don't know it's possible. Not I seriously doubt Energon Prime Varient will be worth a whole lot in 10 years. If someone said to me- Hey, Want to bu this prime for $50.00 more because he has a mouth. I waould say-which one looks more like the cartoon? I want that one.

But I'm a Cheapskate anyway so what do I know?

im HOPING to get the mouth one...i got screwed out of a mouth primal figure....so might as well take it on prime :P

i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. if you get it you get it. if you don't you don't. who cares? i wouldn't go to the trouble of opening it finding out he has a mouth and repacking it to get another one it's a minor detail.

im HOPING to get the mouth one...i got screwed out of a mouth primal figure....so might as well take it on prime :P

i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. if you get it you get it. if you don't you don't. who cares? i wouldn't go to the trouble of opening it finding out he has a mouth and repacking it to get another one it's a minor detail.

not to mention the fact that in the Q&A hasbro also stated that while the code will tell you it's the prime with a faceplate, any box without the code could be either variant. sop if you want a mouthy prime, you'll have to pray fervently.

I shall use this information wisely, but I too won't loose any sleep if I get one with a mouth

Archived