Overcast's paintjob

Hadlen Weltall

For the last three weeks I've found an Energon Overcast at Wal-Mart, same one same place. The thing I noticed about him was that points were badly painted, notably these orange 'tab' points on his legs that were splotchy. Moreover the one eyesore I noticed was that one shoulder's vents were silver and the other one gray.

Today I went by Wal Mart AND Target, and found a total of five Overcasts with the same problem. Is it just me or did Hasbro pull a quick rushjob to get this guy out or is it just a random coincidence that seems to have affected just my region?

That's another reason why I tend to have issues with a lot of the repaints that Hasbro puts out. Even if the colors aren't bad they seem to have lots of other problems like messy paint apps and a lot of the times they don't seem to be as good in quality as the originals. I have several repainted versions of figures I liked enough to by the repaints and almost all of them (with a couple of exceptions) have some very noticable flaws to them that drive me nuts! :grr

That's why now I only buy a repaint if I really REALLY like the figure.

thats bs why is hasbro so lazy i demand answers hehe

i mean if its gonna come done to a national issue of a toy it should be perfect right how many times have i read topics just on this site about mistakes that the fans not the creators notice....its horrible are they trying to turn us into otakus?

y cant i just be the nerdy guy who collects toys? but no hasbro has to b'kaw! it up for all of us

i havent gotten this guy for a million reasone #1 he looks ugly in his catalouge pis #2 what is the square shuttle all about??? anyway id be pissed if a highly anticipated fig i wanted looked like crap

atleastr its imo

That's another reason why I tend to have issues with a lot of the repaints that Hasbro puts out. Even if the colors aren't bad they seem to have lots of other problems like messy paint apps and a lot of the times they don't seem to be as good in quality as the originals. I have several repainted versions of figures I liked enough to by the repaints and almost all of them (with a couple of exceptions) have some very noticable flaws to them that drive me nuts!

The molds to make them are already worn out once they get to molding repaints. Thats why the quality starts to suck in the repaints. The molds were new in the orginals and just starts to wear down in the end.

Archived