Knock Offs and Bootlegs

Galzamus

I usually stick to things made by hasbro. Unless it is a tf I really want and can't spend $100 plus to get the original.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have bootlegs, but I did buy the knockoffs of Devestator, Superion, Transmetal Rattrap and Rattrap from Big Lots last year. I acutually like that Devestator is yellow instead of green. He looks more believable this way.

Um, those ARE the bootlegs....

I have the bootleg Devestator (green version) and Superion. Yeah not quite G1 but they certainly look sweet battling it out with my other TFs. (I set up elaborate scenes with buildings and people (Homies work great for this) being destroyed and running amok).

I've got the K/O's of the Aerialbots set (2), Protectobots set (2), Six Flight set, Constructicons set (2 green, 2 yellow, and a multicolored set), 3/5 Terrorcon 2/5 Technobot set (2), 3/5 Stunticon 2/5 Technobot set, Triple Changer set, Lio Convoy, RID Megatron, G1 Megatron (2), Micromaster Hot Rod(imus) (2, one magenta, one blue) and some replacement two-packs from Big Lots of some Aerialbots & Protectobots to replace some broken pieces from the bigger sets. And as far as never before released generics, I've got 3 die-cast semi's from Walgreens that i'm using as RID Scourge's "Sweeps," a 4 pack of generic insecticons, and about 7 other differing insecticons, and a Beast Machines Optimus Primal.

Aside from the Skydive and Slingshot from one of the Aerialbot sets falling apart, and Groove's front end falling off on one of the Protectobot sets, they've all been great for the most part, the replacement 2packs I bought from Big Lots for the individual components i havent' had any issues with yet. Now, the two yellow Constructicon sets I have are both PoS's, the plastic is weaker, not molded correctly in some cases, and there's no spring launchers. But the green Constructicon sets are great, all the parts match, are of better quality, and the green sets retain all the spring loaded capabilities. And the multicolored sets are taken from the original diaclone versions, and even retain their die-cast parts, very good quality. The 3/5 Stunticon 2/5 Technobot and 3/5 Terrorcon 2/5 Technobot sets all the pieces except for Hun-Grr and maybe Motormaster are 1:1 to the original pieces, I was able to swap parts between the 3 to make a complete Menasor, Abominus, and Computron. The RID Megatron and Lio Convoy are both basically crap, but the enlarged Megatron goes better against Fire Convoy than the actual version by height. The generic BM Optimus Primal is crappy quality, but on the other hand, it's cartoon accurate, where none of the BM Primals were really close. The G1 Megatron K/O's are 1:1, but lower quality plastic, red fists and no die-cast, and no extensions, but he does have the scope, and $10 import off ebay compared to $80 to import a re-release, was a good deal. From the Triple-changer set, both Landcross pieces are crap, but the Micromaster FlatTop, Blitzwing, and Broadside appear to be 1:1 with the originals, Blitzwing is in his diaclone colors and has the spring missles, Broadside has 2 axes instead of an axe and gun, and his jet landing gear post isn't very good and will crack if not lined up correctly, and FlatTop has 2 right arms (and to mention, all generic Air Raid's have 2 left arms). And the labels are all crap, but they are mostly all of decent quality, and I can get Silverbolt to stand up with his legs properly positioned, and I'd definitely rather play around with the generics than my original versions just to keep the originals in good condition. I won't cry over breaking a generic, especially when I can get replacements (or replacement parts by cannibalizing other sets) for next to nothing. And the generic Insecticlones I picked up are great troop-builder sets for some easy cannon-fodder :tfevil It really all depends on what you're gonna use the generics for if you get 'em tho.

Archived