Knock Offs and Bootlegs

Galzamus

I heard it's just about the only way to get the Gestalts now.. infact I just got Bruticus (sans the original color scheme) and Superion. I have to say though, the quality really presents itself. They're good for stand alone eye candy.. but I'm scared they'll fall apart on me if I handle them too much. Sticker apps are really crappy too.. but you get what you pay for I suppose. :roll

Anyway, what bootlegs do you guys got, if any?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the only one that gave my problems was Superion. Silverbolt can't stand on his own, Slingshot's head popped off.. just moving stuff around pretty much. Wasn't too cool, but I was able to fix it. My Bruticus seemed to be okay for the most part. Held together like a dream. Granted I probably could of got TFU Ruination.. eh, oh well. I saw some REALLY strange ones. They had a huge Transmetal Rat Trap, Tigatron and TM Cheetor there too. It was quite funny.

I can't say I'm really disappointed with them though. They're a mixed bag. Kinda fun too, if you're in a humorus mood.

Not too many.

In the eighties I bought some bootleg micromaster (Decepticon jets and autobot combat team). Further, when my original Fireflight's wing broke of, I got a bootleg to repair it, which, to my surprise, was by far stronger material than the original.

Recently I bought four imitation Aerialbots. Real crappy, "Air Raid" missed the front part of his legs, while others just fall apart by touching them. Ah well, nice to experiment on with paint.

And from another imitation line I got some firetruck who transforms into this brick of a robot (but is has a lot of die-cast)

So, a total of...14.

(There not real easy to get here, and I'd rather spent my money on the real items.)

I have Abominus(The best KO I' have by far in terms of quality), G2 Devestator and Superion.

I used to have Defensor, but he was a piece of crap and wouldn't link up properly. I think it depends on who makes the knockoff as to what kind of quality you'll get.

I want Menasor, but without the computron parts.

i am currently in the process of replacing my bootlegs. So far my Slingshot is my only real Aerialbot, and of the four Stunticons I have, Wildrider is the only original. Only Blades is my bootleg Protectobot... the thing that sucks about the P-bots is their peg/hole interface is bigger than the originals...meaning the originals won't hold the feet/fists...:(

I don't have bootlegs, but I did buy the knockoffs of Devestator, Superion, Transmetal Rattrap and Rattrap from Big Lots last year. I acutually like that Devestator is yellow instead of green. He looks more believable this way.

I have the Reiden one and for a bootleg he's great! The only problems were crooked stickers(which you can fix), and the colors being a little too bright on the green guy, but other than that it makes a cool display piece, and for around 8-10 bucks, you can't beat it.

I also have the Superion and Defensor sets, primarily because Walgreens had the 3 for the price of 2 special going, and secondarily (hehe) because I needed the Protectobots combining parts. But like Maximo Prime said, the pegs are too big. I just sliced them down a bit with an exacto knife and they fit fine. I have since bought a Hotspot with all the Defensor parts, so it's no longer a problem anyway :)

-Turbine

Archived