DjinniMan's Collection

DjinniMan

I still like the MAME system the best...

Picture my future collectors room, far far distant future, similar to this room (been planning since I was 12) one long wall of shelves, narrow shelves with G1 and nifty rare figures, a 3 way triangular game table, and a MAME system similar to that.

Maybe I'll get creative and make it kinda like the Coke and Pepsi transforming machines, with fold out head and arms...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool Collection. Some stuff in there I regret not buying or having

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how does your wife mind all the toys in that room? Besides that, how does your mother-in-law dig that? You must have a pretty understanding and cool wife and mother-in-law. Congratulations for that more so than your collection! :clap

Wow, how does your wife mind all the toys in that room? Besides that, how does your mother-in-law dig that? You must have a pretty understanding and cool wife and mother-in-law. Congratulations for that more so than your collection! :clap

Thanks!

My wife is very understanding. She knows I get a real kick out of displaying the toys, and given that I keep it to my own room, she's very supportive. She's always patting me on the back and complimenting me on the displays. You have to admit they are colorful and blend in with the rest of the room nicely!

My mother in law is very cool about it; for two years in a row, I got Primes from her for Christmas. I think she is just happy I am so easy to buy for!

Thanks for the compliments and I will let them know you said such nice things!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Waz up Djinniman! I just read your entire thread from front to back (i wasnt a member in 2005 :D ) and i even got a tad teary eyed from your story about NOT getting Optimus Prime for Christmas as a kid, when you were supposed to AND your brother got Megs. Sad story.

Heres one, i RECIEVED Optimus Prime from my aunt in 1985, i was MORE then happy.. ESTACTIC! But good things came to an end when my dad decided to re marry and had/ STILL HAS a Starscream of a wife i.e. my step mom. She can con dad into doing ANYTHING. And the 1st or 2nd time i went to visit, she told my father that i HAD to share my toys. She had 2 boys and 1 girl at the time (they had 2 kids as well later) and my older by 1 year brother KNEW he could play with it & break it & no one would do ANYTHING! (still to this day my step sis does these things)

SO, i buried Optimus in the back yard and no longer have him. He was buried with his legs apart from him on his side.

Anyways, i liked your thread AS your collection. Its really cool to have toys you had when you are kid. I cant say the same, THOUGH i DO have all my Marvel TF comics 1-63 i have held since 1984 on. (as i slaved building fences for 1 comic a month) Mine is put away at the mommnet save for the 2007 late yr era / 2008 part is with me in this very room

I will put up my collection as well this summer when i move into my new apartment. And i look forward to seeing this grow. One last thing, you GOTTA get MP-01 or MP-04 for your collection if you dont have. Do you have it yet? Its an improvement from all Hasbro's. I have all versions and like MP-01 best.

adious amigos

• 1 month later...

Archived