Diaclone Skywarp

notpicard

Having looked through several sets of Diaclone toys, I have never seen a diaclone Skywarp. Yet it seems that all of the 84 transformers were available (in their previous toyline) in the colors they were released as for Transformers.

Was Skywarp ever a Diaclone? Or is he the only Transformer that was a completely new repaint for the 84 line?

Having looked through several sets of Diaclone toys, I have never seen a diaclone Skywarp. Yet it seems that all of the 84 transformers were available (in their previous toyline) in the colors they were released as for Transformers.

Was Skywarp ever a Diaclone? Or is he the only Transformer that was a completely new repaint for the 84 line?

I don't believe Sunstreaker was released in yellow as a Diaclone, either. Or, it might have been that Sideswipe wasn't released in red, but I know it was one of those two possibilities...

That is weird. It makes me wonder if those colors were being considered for something like maybe a mail-in or another gift set.

And it took me a long while to realize that both Sideswipe and Sunstreaker were eventually available in both red and yellow. duh. Maybe the color swap was for some purpose.

Speculation is that the original tech specs got swapped accidentally, so they used the opposite colors from what was originally intended... I.E., Sideswipe was supposed to be the Sunstreaker mold in Red in the TF line, and Sunstreaker was supposed to be the Sideswipe mold in yellow. There's an older thread on it somewhere on here, but I don't feel like digging for it... :tflaugh

In the Diaclone line, both the Lamborghinis were avaliable in red, yellow and police colours.

Skywarp's colours were entirely Hasbro's creation, the Diaclone jets were only in Starscream's and Thundercracker's colours.

I read that the Diaclone Red alert also came with the police decals used to make the Transformer Clampdown. Did the Diaclone police Sunstreaker also come with fire chief decals? What about Prowl? I read that he had several cities you could choose.

Negatory.

Red alert's paint scheme was not available in Diaclone. In Diaclone, "Red alert" looked like Clamp Down.

Police "Sunstreaker" had the same paint scheme as Diaclone "Red alert."

There were no fire chief vehicles besides "Inferno."

the Sunstreaker mold did NOT come in Yellow in Diaclone.

http://tripredacus.net/pretf/diaclone.html

Archived