Unable to "get into" Armada/Energon

Elita-One

I tried so hard, but I just couldn't get attached to Armada & Energon very well. I did like some of the aspects of the show, TF's switching sides, better writting and characters that were more realistic IMO, etc.

But I just couldn't get hooked on it. For one, CN aired it too early. It didn't mind when it was on at 6:30a, I'd watch it while waking up in bed. But when it was pushed back to 6a, well, no way in hell I'm getting up that early!

And it was too hard to figure out when a marathon was going to be aired, and when they were, it didn't fit my schedule (yes, I know that CN network is not aware of my life and doens't revolve around it. That comment was more about a personal conflict more than anything).

Not to mention, it was more like a soap opera. If you missed a few episodes in a row, then it's hard to get back in the loop. You had to religously watch it.

Any other thoughts?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one thought: A/E SUXX0RZ!!1

I actually liked RiD because it was campy and it made me laugh; plus, most of the bots looked cool. Armada made absolutely no impression on me, and Energon just reminded me too much of those convoluted old TV animes from the 70's. It's hard to imagine actually becoming emotionally attached to any of these characters.

My personal favorite will always be the Beast Wars, but of the new shows that have been coming out, Energon is atleast an inprovement over Armada. There are actually episodes of Energon that I wouldnt mind watching again. But with Armada, I cannot thing of one episode that I would want to sit through again, especially not the dreaded CARNIVAL episode.

Hopefully with Cybertron they will continue this trend of improveing on these shows, and from the animation of GF it looks good so far (Dont screw it up hasbro).

Though your point about not getting attached to any one character is true, in beast wars I understood the characters and why they acted the way they did, especially some of the ones that had survived all three seasons. But I do feel sorry for Ironhide for having to deal with kicker all the time, and having such a crappy toy. I think he deserved better. :tfgrin

The 1 thing that really did kill Armada for me was the kids. I believe that they (the producers) hunted the most annoying child traits, wrote the most annoying lines & threw them in to the story.

I believe that if the kids were not in the story, or atleast not all 4, it would apeal to me better.

My personal favorite will always be the Beast Wars, but of the new shows that have been coming out, Energon is atleast an inprovement over Armada. There are actually episodes of Energon that I wouldnt mind watching again. But with Armada, I cannot thing of one episode that I would want to sit through again, especially not the dreaded CARNIVAL episode.

Hopefully with Cybertron they will continue this trend of improveing on these shows, and from the animation of GF it looks good so far (Dont screw it up hasbro).

Though your point about not getting attached to any one character is true, in beast wars I understood the characters and why they acted the way they did, especially some of the ones that had survived all three seasons. But I do feel sorry for Ironhide for having to deal with kicker all the time, and having such a crappy toy. I think he deserved better. :tfgrin

Man, I felt sorry for Kicker. Ironhide sounded like he was doing a perpetual Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles impersonation. Drove me frickin' nuts.

The 1 thing that really did kill Armada for me was the kids. I believe that they (the producers) hunted the most annoying child traits, wrote the most annoying lines & threw them in to the story.

I believe that if the kids were not in the story, or atleast not all 4, it would apeal to me better.

BTW have I mentioned yet that there are no humans of any kind in Beast Machines? :thumb

Possibly, but I feel the lack of character development or, sometimes early development, and then all of a sudden forgotten. Look at Scavenger, he was set up to be the ultimate badA** and next thing you know he is off sleeping in the storage area. Then there was Thrust, this unbeatable Decepticon general that defeated armies of autobots and now all of a sudden he cant beat 6. About the only member of the group that got any kind of character development was hotshot.

Please dont mention the Kids! I got pumped every weekend. "Shush! Armada is coming on!" Then every weekend I'm like, " Can some one rewind time and give me my 30min back?" DBZ did alot of talking and didn't progress the story but atlease they had a kick ass fight or two every episode. Armada was just Rad talking all day. I was like, Is this Transformers or "Rad and his Intergalactics Robot Pals"?

Archived