what is the most important

Knightscream

i have noticed alot of complaining, as to this line bites, that company blows, they have poor quality and i want to know what is the most important thing in reuards to transformers for all of you.

for me it is a well rounded toy.

it must be of a quality good enough so that 3 days after i get it it doesnt start falling apart, or feeling like it will.

and the paint must be durable enough so that after i transform it twice, is isnt scratced or chipped.

but the price has to be reasonable for me to buy. i wont spend massive amounts of money on one, when i can buy 2 for less, unless it is a special piece, i.e. mp/20th prime.

and has to have decent articulation. if i wanted a statue, i would have bought one (G1 toys being the exception)

finally it has to have a good play value. i want something im going to spend my money on to entertain me enough so i pull it off the shelf now and then

i try to be a completist when i can, but when the money is tight i go for what i believe to be the one i would have the most enjoyment and satisfation from buying. so i read reviews. and if the genral consensus says that one is better than another, that is the one i go for.

I'd say the most important thing to me is overall quality. The figure could be the greatest looking thing, loaded with articulation and gimicks, but if it has problems standing, falls apart easily, poor paint ap, has loose joints or etc, then he's not worth purchasing.

First, I must like the design in both bot and alt mode. Articulation does not matter at all to me, for some it does, for myself no, just stand up and don't fall down. I prefer to use my imagination I for one do not need to pose the TF themselves to see them fighting or stances, even if I do or do not smash them against other TFs. If I want posing IMO I get those bendy TF, but maybe that is just me. Second, I got to like the overall colors, I would've both E-Skorp, but I hated his colors IMO they looked like crap! Many of the digipainted ones look much better esp. Mega Zarak versions IMO. Third, the price I want the prices to be reasonable for the size of the item. Fourth, the packaging should be appealling as well, I personally do not like the card packaging, prefer the Takara boxes, but I won't pay extra just for the box.

Decent articulation, good colour scheme, well rounded in both bot and alt mode, durability, and good price.

Thus far, I have to say that with the exception of finger joints, Supercon Prime has pretty much everything I ever wanted in a TF. Sadly, his counterpart, Nemesis Prime is rather blank looking.

Guest Krusty The Klown

articulation, colors and durability

my g2 megs lacks articulation but its been around for a long time, nothin broken still

i also dont like removable parts like hands in g1 prime, although he can carry them in his chest/trailer but the g1 seekers had no place to put thier hands, you could put one in the cockpit but thats it

One of the odd things I look for is can it be possible to actually drive or pilot the alt mode.

This is why I like most of the jets (e-scream and universe skywap) and the altinator line, and RiD prowl.

But most of the G1 toys I grew up with didn't really have that detail except the seekers and even things like articulation never existed back then.

Now to see a real articulated transformer is a real big leap. I'm still amazed at how articulated my RiD prowl is and it has seats! Universe skywarp and e-scream are solid action figures in their bot modes and I think that this new feature is important. I passed on Sideways because of his lack of articulation in the knees.

But over all I like complicated transformations from alt mode to robot. The alt mode has to reallly make you think if you are trying to visulize how it is going to transform.

Then there is the issue of fragilness, altinators need to be made with the better plastics of RiD. So I transform my Altinators Smokescreen very little.

Paint jobs are important. That universe redeco of x-brawn is horrible; trying to paint on the lights and ladder just bad.

One can't really grade on paint chipping; all paint chips. My e-scream is chipping at the sholders cos his arms are so tight to transform into the alt mode. But it would be nice if areas of logo importance like the Viper logo on altinators sideswipe was actully molded on; a finger nail can scratch that white paint off.

But a new thing for me is something I call self containment! When you transform the bot into its alt mode I don't want to see extra pieces lying around. The altinators make the engins turn into guns; I like that. RiD Sideburns is really self contained; his hand gun stores somewhere in side of his car, his cross bow is part of the car and the missle for his bow is part of the exhuast now that is cool.

I would like to see more opening of doors and conapies on all transformers. Also things that show opening of engine compartments and storage compartments.

My last thing on what is important is how well heads hands and feet are hidden into the altmode. If it was not for divebombs head not folding into something on his body I would have got him. Hands and feet not sliding away out of veiw really kills the toy. To me these infractions are design lazyness. Divebombs head could have slid or folded into some part of his body in bird mode.

I like alt modes that really conseal everything about the robot.

Archived