Do kids even like Transformers?

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

From all my experiences in toy stores it seems the vast majority of tfs are bought by adults. Its very rare to see kids buying them but you see collectors aged 16-25 buying the toys, t-shirts, dvds and even tatoos by the tonne.

So I wonder why kids dont seem to like them. Are they too complicated? expensive or are kids today just plain stupid?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never actually run in to any kids looking at the TFs in my area, but I did help some parents find a specific TF there kid wanted. So there are a few out there at least.

I remember seeing a kid telling his parents he wanted Optimush Prime for christmas but that was back in armada era. Nowadays the kids dont even notice the tfs and go straight in for that yu-gi-oh nonsense. I think if Hasbro realised this they could do a much better job catering exclusivly for older fans. then mayb the cartoon could folloe suite

Its marketing as well, its nigh on impossible to find any TFs in the UK yet they have power ranger crap here by the ton. If Tfs were able to be located chances are they would sell more.

Its possible to locate tfs in ireland, but many dont ever show up and if they do the good ones sell out quick and are never seen again. Every week the same old story: check toy shops for new tfs, buy new tfs.

Id say its partly because a star wars/power rangers figure of the same size tends to be half the price of the tfs

plus tfs seem to be getting bought by teens+, sadly the tf kids area seems to be on a decline once again (it would help it hasbro got uk distribution and price sorted out :grr ) hasbro need to start marketing their toys better as well, lets face it energon hasn't had the best times for broadcast

Generally, kids only go for the toys that have a cool cartoon. As of late, the new Transformers series go by very slow and are boring to kids, whereas G1 had stories that were usually resolved in one episode rather than ongoing.

That and kids seem so swarm over anime now. But Energon, Armada and RiD aren't 'as anime like' as YuGiOh, Duel Masters, and the other ones that try to push $7.00 for a pack of cardboard

Generally, kids only go for the toys that have a cool cartoon. As of late, the new Transformers series go by very slow and are boring to kids, whereas G1 had stories that were usually resolved in one episode rather than ongoing.

That and kids seem so swarm over anime now. But Energon, Armada and RiD aren't 'as anime like' as YuGiOh, Duel Masters, and the other ones that try to push $7.00 for a pack of cardboard

also the fact that recently they have not exactly looked like real vehicles (except rid) i mean look at armada smokescreen :redface

maybey kids go spend around €30 on a tf, cant transform it, never play with it again, so dont buy another

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Please tell me this won't be the only release of TFP Cliffjumper...
    • If you've not had your fill of Transformers collaborative news today, here is some more with a leaked product listing for the Project Knight: Transformers X Knight Rider crossover. We've been dreaming of this one, and it appears a transforming K.I.T.T. will be coming as soon as August! It must be something big and or special with a $49. - Read the Full News Story
    • Tonight on GotBot Goes Live, we talked Transformers news for the newest multipack and some reissues. We also talked collaboratives with TMNT, an Ectotron reissue and, maybe, even Star Wars? Plus, we address the MP Ginrai teaser image and answer who is Riggorus?  
    • EDIT 2: Okay, I think my real problem with this was the marketing image. The main image shows four robot turtles standing together, so I was ready for four toys, not one. Admittedly, I was so disappointed that I did not bother to read the article fully. That's my fault. I apologize. That said, now that I understand it is THE van that turns into a robot, not "robot versions of the four turtles," that makes more sense, but I don't get the four heads. There are images here of a bandana free head which I gather is not included. I would actually prefer a non-specific generic turtle head for the robot. I think that would remove a lot of confusion. At least for me. EDIT 1: My bad, I misunderstood. It's one toy with swappable heads. So, you made a thing based on a four member team, and you only want to sell one toy? You're not even trying to get people to "Collect all FOUR!" You do understand how toy sales work, right? Original Comment: This is a perfectly fine idea executed TERRIBLY. You made four unique toys, each specific to each of the Ninja Turtles, that all turn into the same vehicle? It would be one thing if they joined together to form the van. There have been transformer sets like that before. This is just wasted opportunity. Not to mention, that van exists for the turtles to ride in together as a team, so if they can turn into vehicles ... what do they need a van for? I get that that's their van, and that's cute and all, but ... this is just dumb and disappointing. Why not think about what kind of car each of them would drive based on their personalities, or ask some car company if they want to do a tie-in promotional? What do I want with four copies of the same van and no one to ride in any of them? It makes no sense.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE