A thought on Cybertron combiners....

The REAL Generation Zero

Here's what I just thought of...

As we all know, HasTak is notorious for repainting nearly EVERY mold at least once, if not more than once. (See MP-02: Ultra Magnus for an example...)

As we also all know, there have been complaints about the E. Combiner teams having only two original molds for limbs per team, with the other two being repaints.

As we also also all know, the main bodies have not yet been repainted, nor will they be in the near future...

And, as some of us know, and others may have guessed, there have been rumors of combiner teams in the upcoming Cybertron line.

SO... here's my what if scenario:

WHAT IF they repaint the bodies, and make 2 more molds for limbs for each team, repainting each limb in Cybertron, so that you get the same style 3 mold combiner team in the main line?

This would give us, after all is said and done, 3 complete combiners, with 4 different limbs each, and a repaint of each entire team!

Would this be a good thing, or a bad thing? Would you feel like an idiot for not buying the E. combiners because the limbs were duplicates, or would you still not care?

Food for thought at least... Discuss! :thumb

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be great for me, since I'm only making one Energon gestalt and that's shaping up to be a Bruticus cobbled together from Superion and Bruticus' original limb molds. If they made four new Superion and Bruticus limbs for Cybertron it would mean I could finish up my Bruticus in style and have enough left over for a whole Superion! That's the plan right now, anyway...

I have my theory that the "Cog" or "Giant" planet (mentioned by Hydro Custom of the Allspark as being where minicons and Metroplex and Onslaught are from) might give us at least one combiner in some form.

Whether it will be new or not is still debatable, but I'd be happy with a couple of new molds to go with the existing combiners.

Would like it if Has/Tak did that. Would enable fans to create more interesting looking combiners.

I am mixing parts to create one gestalt as well, and for this I'm actually hoping that we will get a beast combiner (a new Predaking) utilizing the same combining system. (Because I need a beast to form the final limb of my own combiner.)

Would like it if Has/Tak did that. Would enable fans to create more interesting looking combiners.

I am mixing parts to create one gestalt as well, and for this I'm actually hoping that we will get a beast combiner (a new Predaking) utilizing the same combining system. (Because I need a beast to form the final limb of my own combiner.)

Cybertron Prediking. Now you're talking. :clap

On topic four alternate limbs would be cool for Brutucs/Superion but Devastator is fine as is because anything other than a construction assigned limb would look wonky. I wouldn't mind seein alternate jet/vehicle modes combined with the existing limbs but I really don't want to see Stormjet/Barricade used as the main body again. Love the molds but two new combining deluxes, and two new limbs would be spot on.

BTW from what I now understand Menasaur is apparently being released as a Deluxe. :wtf Question. Aren't both Defensor, and someone else rumored to be part of Cybertron as well? :tfhuh

I didn't mind the repaints in the combiners at all... I t's all for the greater good and the result kicks serious behind. I'd rather have all new combiners and I would like to see any G1 names ignored. Though the scramble city style wouldn't hurt.

Okay, here's one: Will my Bruticus be able to stand correctly with, say, an Aerialbot or a Constructicon forming one leg, and a Combaticon forming the other? Are they all about the same length, or will one leg end up being shorter than the other? I'm starting to think about using the two Combaticon and Two Constructicon molds for Bruticus instead, and then making a whole Superion for him to tangle with. How compatible are these parts, really?

Archived