E. Combiner limb dupes seem cheesy?

realmasume

I'm hoping to see more combiners in the future.  Remember, I do like the combiners as they are right now but with a little more imagination, we would have been floored by the completely sheer awesomeness of these guys.  Love 'em...but could use a little tweaking. :thumb

Feel free to correct me on this but isn't Menasaur scheduled to be released in Cybertron as well as Trypticon, and Metroplex. Menasaur has been rumoured but time will tell if it's an actual gestalt or stand alone figure. If it's a gestalt I'm hoping Hasbro/Takara will have recieved enough flack from angry G1fans to approach things differently.

I don't have a problem with Hasbro/Takara taking a G1 character and rebuilding them from the ground up as they have done with the gesalts (new bot/alt modes) but please no more repeat molds/repaints as limbs. I'm gonna be severely pissed if Barricade shows up as Motormaster with stunticon Superior limbs. :grr IMHO I hope nothing like this happens because with all the money Has/Tak is dumping into Cybertron and the noteworthy emphasis to go well beyond what was Energon, the Gestalts will be vastly improved. :tfgrin The trend would sugest as much.

Armada = :roll

Enegon = :thumb

Cybetron = :clap

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted, the main line isn't geared specifically to G1 fans, and for the Energon fans who love thier combiners, I mean no disrespect.  But as a G1 fan, I was very excited about these new combiners... until I saw the first photos.  :tdown Some of the homages have been great, like Downshift (Wheeljack), Rodimus, and Starscream (especially the new repaint, which I just picked up today! :clap ), to name a few.  But as Energon "Mirage" showed us, a name does NOT an homage make.  IMO, 2 limb molds or 4, the E. Combiners are MEH.  I'll stick with my classic "bricks".  :thumb

Take my advise, don't just go by what you saw in the pictures. A lot of figures I didn't really like when I first saw pics came to be some of my favorite figures.

You don't have to really like the combined forms but individually, they are some of the coolest figures ever made, especially the basics. If you ask me they are well worth getting even if you only plan on keeping them individually.

:pfx

As good/fun as they are IMHO in either mold, Cybertron can only improve on it.

BTW Energon Gestalt PWN the G1 Gestalts in almost everyway imaginable.

(Ducks and throws on flame retardant body suit.) :eek

Menasor is not going to be a gestalt. I believe I've heard it's been listed as an Mega which is only $20. Supposedly there are no plans to have any gestalts in the Cybertron line. Of course, we all know Hasbro probably won't be able to resist doing repaint E-gestalt giftsets but those would most likely be for Universe or as an extended line set (either Energon or Cybertron).

Menasor is not going to be a gestalt. I believe I've heard it's been listed as an Mega which is only $20. Supposedly there are no plans to have any gestalts in the Cybertron line. Of course, we all know Hasbro probably won't be able to resist doing repaint E-gestalt giftsets but those would most likely be for Universe or as an extended line set (either Energon or Cybertron).

OIC. Here's hoping Has/Tak steps it up a notch in the Mega department then. Energon was awsome overall but what passed for Megas in the Autobot releases sucked to say the least. :tdown I say Autobots only because the Decepticon Megas rocked. (Mirage, Shockblast) :thumb

Question unrelated. Haven't found Wingsaber as of yet but is he Mega/Ultra. I'm hoping Ultra because the Ultras PWN3D the Megas. :thumb

sorry, for the ignorance here but:

are the limbs of the E-Gestalts interchangeable?

like they were for the G1-Scamble City guys?

also for the record the only ones that interested me were the constructicons- but i gave up when i realized that there were "only three bots"

other thoughts on the Gestalt controversies- the whole hand thing annoyed me at first then i realized that these guys dont dont combine so that they can shower, or go to the grocery store, play cards, burp the baby ... they combine so they can whup ass! No real hands needed

(granted i can say that having not purchased any of them)

AND - I LIKED the asymetrical designs of Gestalts. That off balance slapped together look - threw it in your face: This is not an integrated whole. This is 5 seperate robots in one!

Hunter

question: in the show, the bot's dont have seperate personalities do they? cos i remember reading that the combined mode is their proper mode, and the seperate ones are not, like how omega is.

so if this is true, why should they have 4 sep molds are 4 transformers that are semi featured in the show, but have no individuality?

I agree with most of you guys. I think it is boring and unoriginal for Hasbro be reduced to duplicating the limbs for the new combiner sets.  :tfmad I am ticked off at Hasbro because they haven't released the rest of Construticon Maximus  (C-3 and C-4)  in which they ought call Constructicon Maximus  Devastator and any of the parts to Bruticus Maximus here in my area, not even on e-Bay for goodness sake!

But do realize that this situation should not be bad as it seems to us and as much Hasbro has ticked me off, Hasbro is just trying to make some money and figured they could try get more $ if they duplicated limbs (one of my theories any way...). I have also noticed that some of the original combiners to have similar transformation methods (except Devastator of course!) and do realize that the Generation One transformers are repaints of transformers from Takara's Diaclone series from the late 70s early 80s.

Jeez. Stow the 'tude, buddy.

Hasbro released ALL of the combiner parts. The fact that I have all three gestalts prove it. You just got the bad luck of poor distribution coupled with a lack of store orders. Or they're just stupidly popular in your area and you've got bad timing. But all the same, every single solitary Energon combiner component has been released for general consumption nationwide.

I'm not quite sure what the hell you're talking about in regards to Constructicon Maximus, AKA Buildtron, AKA "Energon Devastator". However, check eBay again because I'm finding them on there as well as complete sets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

Since they're obviously leaving racks before clearance sales, it would appear that Hasbro was on the ball with their assumption, eh? ;) Anyway, best of luck completing your 'bots and the key to that is keeping a constant eye out and calling up stores ahead of time to see when they receive shipments and then crashing the store the moment of or the morning after stocking.

Thank you for the advice :thumb, I'll put them into use hopefully. To let you know, the stores over here haven't got anything new since November (excepted for a Barricade [D-5] couple of days ago :tflaugh1 ) , so I am sorry if I seemed angry in my comment.

For the Energon Devastator part, All I ment to say that "Constructicon Maximus" kinda seems like a cheezie title for a gestalt transformer to me and should have been "Devastator" or something close to it any ways.

so if this is true, why should they have 4 sep molds are 4 transformers that are semi featured in the show, but have no individuality?

Cos no matter what the show was, the toy still is 5 robots merging together.

If based solely on the show, the 3 gestalts could have been simply like Grand Convoy and the Grand Force drones and not have robot modes. To which, bearing the G1 gestalt names, would have probably created hooha in the fandom :tflaugh

Archived