E. Combiner limb dupes seem cheesy?

realmasume

Well if they were remolded, at least they WERE remolded. I like E-Bruticus and Superion, but I haven't made an attempt to complete either yet. I just can't justify paying 8 bucks a pop for limbs that I'll never transform or pose individually. maybe if they go on sale at any point in time... maybe... but I'm still worried about ending up with 3/5ths of a gestalt. I haven't seen a Silverbolt (or whatever they're calling him) in months. In fact, the ONLY deluxes here are Steamhammers. Hundreds of Steamhammers.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen of the second set of combiner limbs is that they seem to be really brightly colored. I don't like em. Well, that and I'm not collecting the E Combiners.. -teh evil one has arrived!!- .. so don't listen to me. =P

In keeping with tradition, I would have preferred all different limbs. Also, lets face it. It wasn't because Has/Tak couldn't make new molds because of cost. They didn't make new mold because they are cheap. They have as much capacity as they need. They just wanted to milk the molds, AND posibly force impatient collectors to buy additional toys of the same color. It's called marketing strategy, and they know how to play us. A company that makes $3 billion in annual revenue garners no sympathy from me (especially with the number of quality errors). Yes, they could have made a profit off of additional molds, but they made more money off of milking the recolors. So, it not because they "couldn't," it's because they "didn't." :tfgrin

I'm just wondering why everyone's making a big deal about it to begin with. There've been repaints before and no one's complained about them. What I think it is is ppl just treat the seperate combiner team members as JUST part of a bigger bot, when they're much more than that. They have their own bot and alt modes and all. And I know for a fact that they're not mixing up the limbs on them on the packaging. Whether ppl like it or not, that's the official way they're TF'd, on package or in the anime(I'm not saying ppl have to do that themselves with theirs, but saying that their TF'd wrong in every official picture and in the anime is just ignorant)

Personally, I can't wait to see what innovative ways that people will use the various figures to kitbash and repaint their own combiner teams. I've seen one repainted and a few tweaks here and there but nothing major yet.

My only real complaint is the choice of some of the colors. The orange on Stormcloud especially. I would have liked to have seen them a little better color coordinated. Otherwise, I'm fine with them.

Well if they were remolded, at least they WERE remolded. I like E-Bruticus and Superion, but I haven't made an attempt to complete either yet. I just can't justify paying 8 bucks a pop for limbs that I'll never transform or pose individually. maybe if they go on sale at any point in time... maybe... but I'm still worried about ending up with 3/5ths of a gestalt. I haven't seen a Silverbolt (or whatever they're calling him) in months. In fact, the ONLY deluxes here are Steamhammers. Hundreds of Steamhammers.

Well, that's a shame since most of the combiner limbs look great even by themselves.

Just to clarify for some posters:

My opinion on the whole mold repaint of the combiners is simply the fact that you *need* to buy the repaints to make a full combiner. It's not as if it were a repaint you could simply pass by because you have the mold already, unless you don't want to finish the combined form. (But let's face it, if your buying them in the first place, your probably going for the combined form as well)

It just seems to be a clever way to get by with dupe molds that will most certainly sell. I realize that the packaged way they show the combiners might be the official way as well, but I personally will go for the more congruent limb appearance.

Overall I think their great on the whole, it's that one point that bugs me.

Personally, I can't wait to see what innovative ways that people will use the various figures to kitbash and repaint their own combiner teams. I've seen one repainted and a few tweaks here and there but nothing major yet.

My only real complaint is the choice of some of the colors. The orange on Stormcloud especially. I would have liked to have seen them a little better color coordinated. Otherwise, I'm fine with them.

Seriously! I mean slap some red and black on two of the tanks, one of the planes, one of the helicopters and Barricade and you could throw together one sexy "Combaticons hired by Cobra" set.

Some of the ingenuity I've seen on these boards could easily throw together a Defensor or Menasor, not to mention just about any kick arse original combiner idea that wriggles into their brains. Though unfortunately, it takes a sale to really "inspire" some of these people :roll

I agree with most of you guys. I think it is boring and unoriginal for Hasbro be reduced to duplicating the limbs for the new combiner sets. :tfmad I am ticked off at Hasbro because they haven't released the rest of Construticon Maximus (C-3 and C-4) in which they ought call Constructicon Maximus Devastator and any of the parts to Bruticus Maximus here in my area, not even on e-Bay for goodness sake!

But do realize that this situation should not be bad as it seems to us and as much Hasbro has ticked me off, Hasbro is just trying to make some money and figured they could try get more $ if they duplicated limbs (one of my theories any way...). I have also noticed that some of the original combiners to have similar transformation methods (except Devastator of course!) and do realize that the Generation One transformers are repaints of transformers from Takara's Diaclone series from the late 70s early 80s.

Archived