Transformers: Outcasts

Transformers: Outcasts

One: Welcome to Earth

They awoke with a shock as Stronghold Maximus slipped through the ionosphere and smashed into Antarctica. The massive Autobot engaged his laser cannons and started to cut a massive hole in the ice. From there, the Outcast base traveled deep down into the crust and began to move into place through tunneling with his cannons. Inside, Crossfire looked around his new quarters. He shared the room with Switchlock; the engineer was on his personal data pad.

“I take it that we’re here,� noted Crossfire.

“We’ll reach the base point in about ten minutes.�

“And we’ll meet the humans there?�

“That wasn’t part of the plan, as far as I know.�

“What do you know about the plan that I don’t?�

“I thought we had to find our partners ourselves.�

Crossfire grunted and left his quarters just as a massive bump rocked Stronghold Maximus. “Sorry!� the giant declared.

“Octanimus!� cried Crossfire.

“I’m busy now,� the unseen leader replied.

“We need to talk about the Masters.�

“There are more important things.�

Octanimus Prime emerged from Stronghold Maximus’ bridge. He was in his basic robot mode since his Super Mode would be too large. The leader gripped the side rails as he walked to his marksman and second-in-command.

“Rough ride,� Crossfire commented.

“What did you expect? We’re in the center of the planet.�

“This is true, sir.�

“Why are you being so formal all of a sudden?�

“You were the one who gave me the formality speech.�

“It’s nice to see that one of my orders has been taken to heart so quickly.�

“About the Masters, sir…�

“Yes, what about them?�

“I assumed that they would be at the base point when we arrived.�

Octanimus laughed. “That would be too easy.�

“Then what—�

“You’ll have to seek them out.�

“That’s a waste of time and fuel.�

“It’s also a chance to meet your partners face-to-face. This is not a matter that is up for discussion. Understood?�

“Yes, sir.�

“We’re docking,� announced Stronghold.

Octanimus and Crossfire ran to the main bridge where most of the other Outcasts were watching the base dock with the base point. The point was essentially a giant hangar with tubes that led to the innovative EarthSpan Bridge Network. Switchlock came in and pushed his way to the front.

“The EarthSpan,� he gasped. “How sweet to see it finally in real life!�

“Well, don’t you feel special?� muttered Crossfire.

“Please be quiet,� urged Stronghold Maximus. “I have to concentrate.�

“Sorry,� Crossfire and Switchlock both said.

With a loud “CLANK�, the base docked with its hangar and fully unfolded into its city mode. The majority of the Outcasts went to the EarthSpan Terminal near the top tower of Stronghold Maximus. They chose their direction and city and were off.

“Esa mujer que tu llamas infame merece respeto,� Mike sang as he walked to the party. He was ready for the Senior Summer Dance; the theme was salsa and he’d spent the summer with his cousins, learning how to dance.

“Hey, you! Kid! In the stupid outfit!� he heard someone call.

“Shut up!� Mike responded without turning around.

“I didn’t mean it as an insult. I was just trying to get your attention.�

Mike rolled his eyes and turned. The only car nearby was a black Avalanche, but it didn’t have a driver. The Avalanche honked twice and flashed its brights. “I’m over here!� a voice called from the car.

“This is too weird,� said Mike.

“Don’t walk away.�

“What do you want? And what are you?�

“Come closer and I’ll tell you.�

“I’m young, not stupid.�

“I’m not going to hurt you.�

“Hmm… go to the talking car and risk death, or run away from the talking car and risk death,� muttered Mike. “Talk about a bad situation. Okay, car, you win. Don’t try anything silly.�

“It’s about time,� sighed Crossfire. Mike walked over to the black Avalanche and slid into the front seat. “Listen. My name is Crossfire and I’m the second in command of a force of robots called the Outcasts. We’ve come to Earth to—where are you going?�

“This is too weird,� decided Mike as he jimmied the handle.

“You’re not going anywhere, kid.�

“You can’t do this to me! I’m too young to die!�

“I’m not going to kill you.�

Mike stopped.

“You mean… you aren’t going to eat me?�

“Why would I eat you?�

“I thought aliens always eat humans.�

“I’m a robot! I can’t eat anything,� insisted Crossfire.

“Well then, I’m a little more comfortable. Tell me about the Outcasts.�

Archived