Do Transformers need keys?

The REAL Generation Zero

I thought about this after watching the episode with Tracks and Raoul, where Tracks gets stuck in car mode. Didn't Raoul hotwire him at one point? That would imply ignition wires, which would imply a standard ignition system.

I know I for one am victim for waking up in the morning and not finding my keys, because I left them in the computer room or something. What happens if a TF misplaces his keys, and can't reactivate himself at the begginning of the new cycle? (I think "cycle" is the proper retcon word for "day"...)

Discuss... bonus points for anyone with serious thoughts on the matter, to keep this one from getting moved to INH! :thumb

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would this also imply that a TF can be bought at a car lot? :tfevil

j/k. but i dunno if a TF would need a key. maybe they took the desguise part a little to seriousley if they need a standard key. or maybe the key was something else? i dunno i'm on fumes here :redface

*exiting the reality where Transformers aren't real* :roll Ok, I think if they're true "Robots in Disguise" then they have to be completely believable. That means inside and out. I don't think they would require a key to start, but I think they would have the ability. *goes back to reality*

Well In the Comics...Initially...they didn't have ignition starters.

In Issue 1 Bumblebee has no starter, key, or gas petal. He just drove himself, with Buster slightly navigating him. Buster was freaked out at first by him not having a starter, then he found out Bumble was a TF.

So I'd say at least in the initial comics that TFs had no starters and needed no Keys.

I dont think they need keys. Yes they do operate like real vehicles or better but they are self starters. When Tracks transforms into a Corvette I would imagine that certain circuits and wires connect together to give him better Vehicle mode performance. Your forgetting that he was hot wired under the hood after his crash that made his motor functions calapse. Or am I wrong? I dont think Tracks would let Humans scratch or dismantle his interior.

:eek

GZ, I thought you were against teh bandwagons!

:tflaugh

Actually, if it were to keep their disguise, then yes, they should have keys. But then again, quite a few humans knew that they weren't real cars in the show, so...:P

But seeing a random Vette driving down the freeway doesnt really present the avge. viewer with the oportunity to inspect the key ring of the driver...so that could be omitted.

Lets not forget that these scans were done by a crashed and senile Teletran One in the middle of a volcanic eruption - certain details may have been omitted.

As to whether they need Keys... Maybe the answer lie in Galaxy Force hehe

Hunter

(i see you stealing my KO of another thread)

I thought about this after watching the episode with Tracks and Raoul, where Tracks gets stuck in car mode. Didn't Raoul hotwire him at one point? That would imply ignition wires, which would imply a standard ignition system.

Raoul cuts a wire that stops Tracks in his tracks so he can't make

tracks! Then he does a crap job of taping the wire back together

only to have it fail!! Damm Raoul/Raul!!!!

*reads question*

No, I don't think they need keys.

Archived