Shadowstriker Revealed In-Hand Images of Transformers Legacy Evolution Figure

BaCon

The previously leaked Shadowstriker (Shadow Striker) steps out for the Transformers Legacy Evolution with nicely sinister looking robot and alternate modes. Surely, her figure is in the pipeline to be announced at a convention soon for an October 2023 release. Check out the images that follow of thanks to Sonic Bomber-Core. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Shadowstriker%20Transformer

What a wildly different reaction to this figure based on the votes here vs the comments on a certain other site. I don't hate it. I don't love it either though. I just feel that this should've been a more vibrant purple at the very least. Or just have been standard OTFCC Shadow Striker colors. I mean of course it's going to get that redeco at some point but it's just a little odd that they'd go with that mold with only the head from Cyberverse to represent Cyberverse Shadow Striker. I guess it makes sense though as who else are they going to get from a mold that's more like Cyberverse Shadow Striker? Prime Vehicons maybe? That's not a bad idea actually. They have similar car modes in any event. Damn, maybe I don't like this for Cyberverse Shadow Striker now or I just want a new Prime Vehicon mold or something lol.

I do like the mold otherwise though. And of course it's not going to look like a Dodge Viper. Sure it could be more rounded a design for the car but I think this looks rather good as a very late "G1" style design. Almost like Chromedome in a way. Actually, it looks a bit like a Dodge Charger. Maybe someone on the design team got their Dodge cars mixed up?

• Like 1

Following the first looks, we have many more high quality in-hand images of the Transformers Generations Legacy Evolution Velocitron Decepticon ShadowStriker exclusive figure. The Wave 4 deluxe figure is shown in her different modes and poses as well as with other Generations figures compares. We're expecting this to be released in October 2023. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20ShadowStriker%20Transformer

On 5/31/2023 at 9:25 AM, Joe Velez said:

Or just have been standard OTFCC Shadow Striker colors.

Honestly, I appreciate the fan wanks here, but I had a couple of those OTFCC 2-packs that I tried to sell a few years ago, and no one wanted them. They sold for next to nothing MISB.

3 hours ago, BaCon said:

Honestly, I appreciate the fan wanks here, but I had a couple of those OTFCC 2-packs that I tried to sell a few years ago, and no one wanted them. They sold for next to nothing MISB.

Well damn. I've been looking for them and everyone selling them seems to think that they're worth a ton. I know they're not but I can't seem to find them for a decent price. I've been looking for years but only on Ebay. It would be funny if I just missed yours when you were having trouble selling them as I only check for them every so often. I managed to get a Sunstreaker for very cheap but people are holding Sideswipe hostage. None of these sell at the prices they have them at but they just won't lower the prices. Just because they sold for that much once to an idiot 7 years ago doesn't mean that the rest of us are going to pay those prices all this time later. 

Well damn. There's one set currently listed at $1,499.99. Looking at the sold listings it seems there are idiots out there as the lowest sold for $161.19. Another for $166.99 and another for $212.45. That's way to much for the sisters. Especially for molds that are prone to breakage.

There's a lot with Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Universe "Ratchet" and Roulette right now that I just bid on but someone really wants it. I bid them up to over $100 and I would imagine they put quite a bit more down. I just don't want to go any higher especially if Shadow Striker isn't included. Oh and it also comes with Energon Arcee, Energon Energon Strongarm and Cybertron Breakdown for some reason. I could sell those three and Sunstreaker to recoup some of the price but again, no Shadow Striker. Now that I'm reminded I never picked up Universe Ratchet, time to look for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Velez said:

Well damn. I've been looking for them and everyone selling them seems to think that they're worth a ton.

Ebay has gone overboard with ppl thinking these things are worth so much. I think I ended up selling my sets for about $120 or so. I see one sold in May for $150, which kinda cheap for BotCon exclusives that can go for crazy money. I have noticed Universe stuff gain popularity too. I have to think all these Generations remakes are why people want those old repaints?

I like how this ties Shadowstriker back to the Botcon/Universe version. That said, that is why I wouldn't be getting this mold for myself since I have the sisters from that set. Still since my oldest daughter was a big Cyberverse fan and we watched the show together I have gotten her versions of the characters who appeared in that show so this would be a good version for her especially since it seems to simplify the design.

The car mode isn't great but I know they can't do a Viper again with out the license. I would enjoy seeing the obvious reuses to bring Sideburn and Roulette, if they added Prowl/Mach Alert some how that would be cool too.

1 hour ago, BaCon said:

Ebay has gone overboard with ppl thinking these things are worth so much. I think I ended up selling my sets for about $120 or so. I see one sold in May for $150, which kinda cheap for BotCon exclusives that can go for crazy money. I have noticed Universe stuff gain popularity too. I have to think all these Generations remakes are why people want those old repaints?

I've seen the sisters go for as low at around $80 but even that was too much for me. Now I'm kind of regretting not getting them back then. I'll find them for the price I want eventually. I seem to do that quite frequently actually. Just need some patience and I have plenty of that. I've found quite a lot of stuff for stupidly low over the years. Nothing like picking up Botcon figures for less than they would've been at standard retail. And I don't mean from the Funpub going out of business sales either. But sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and accept the inflated prices. I have to really, really want the figure and haven't seen it cheaper in a LONG time though like I had to for UW Convoy Grand Scourge. Even then I still managed to get it for the lowest price I've seen in years.

I gotta admit that I've been picking up older figure more lately too. Like just this past two weeks lately as I haven't wanted any older figures in years. I'm well past the point in my collecting where I only want one representation of each character. I just want good toys. I want different characters and molds as well. Sometimes I want every deco of a mold. So I just picked up Universe Hound, FoC Blaster, the first two redecos of WFC Optimus Prime as I already have the third and so on. Now I'm looking up Henkei Ironhide and Ratchet but not really interested in their Universe counterparts. I had both and they both had shitty paint on the translucent plastic which was common back then. Probably didn't help that I got them both used instead of new. Same with the Prowl I got with them. Now I'm searching for Rapido or Streetstar just to have at least one of that Universe 2.0 mold.

• 1 month later...

The Velocitron Decepticon Shadow Striker is making her way to retail with new in-hand images Transformers Legacy Evolution showing up in Asia. The latest Velocitron addition is clearly a setup for other figures to come, but she's a real looker and should be invading many shelves soon. Get into the Deep Purple of this bad girls images thanks to @lichlute. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Velocitron%20Decepticon%20S