Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Beachcomber News & Discussion Topic

BaCon

More out of Transformers April Fanstream, Hasbro's Mark Mahaer @markclonus hits the dunes with the just revealed Beachcomber action figure. The throwback to Transformers G1 Golden Lagoon cartoon, this minibot has grown up to the Deluxe class complete with his little pet. Read on to get the scoop on Beachcomber in the notes and images that follow. - Read the Full News Story

Transformers%20Legacy%20Deluxe%20Class%2

• 1 month later...

Can someone please tell that kid that his shots with those blast effects are and have always been horrible. The composition is bad. Nothing about the layout makes sense. The shots don't looks dynamic. There isn't anything good from his setup yet he uses the exact same one for every single figure. They don't highlight or showcase anything in a meaningful or exciting way. Just so boring and lame.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe Velez said:

They don't highlight or showcase anything in a meaningful or exciting way. Just so boring and lame.

Sorry to disagree, but I take a lot of photos and I think his are very good and well thought out compared to the motionless zombie images we see 99/100. That and the popularity of his channel would suggest people like what he does A LOT.

6 hours ago, BaCon said:

Sorry to disagree, but I take a lot of photos and I think his are very good and well thought out compared to the motionless zombie images we see 99/100. That and the popularity of his channel would suggest people like what he does A LOT.

The popularity of his channel has nothing to do with the shots he takes. It has to do with the fact that he gets figures early one way or the other. He's literally known as the "kid who buys stolen figures" to just put it in the nicest I've heard/read. I couldn't care less one way or the other about that but it's what quite a large amount of people call him or say about him. Even in his own comments.

And I'm not saying static shots are better. I'm saying the composition of his shots suck. They're not well thought out. The blast effects are put out without any reason in places that they shouldn't be in at least not at the size of that large one. The motion being conveyed in the action of the figure on the stand is in direct opposition to the motion that the character should be going in if those blasts were real. They're literally explosions for the sake of explosions. 

Did Beachcomber shit out that giant explosion behind him? Otherwise how did it get there? How is Beachcomber still standing there if that went off literally under his leg? This isn't Power Rangers with power runoff as Dr. K said in Power Rangers RPM. What that shot is telling me is that he's getting shot at from the sides yet he's going forward for some reason? Why is he not aimed at the bots shooting at him? What is he even doing? How is he still standing? How is he still in one piece?

What about the one where he's jumping forward and there's a giant blast right under him that's so close it's touching him? How did he not just get his legs blown off? This is what I'm saying. It doesn't make any sense. It's taking me out of it with how bad the composition is.

But then there's one where Megatron is attacking and the blasts are in the right places and the Bumblebee and Beachcomber are being affected by the blast effects in the correct way. That's a good shot. BB got shot at and rolled over from the force. Beachcomber got shot at but it was further away and so he's up on two wheels dodging the hit. This is good composition and isn't just explosions for the sake of explosions. I'm not saying that every shot has to be a multi figure setup, I'm just saying to make them make sense. Put some logic behind them. Especially if you have as much fun or pride in them as he seems to by doing that with all his figures.

Oh and why is the pacifist out there in the war zone anyway? I'm mostly joking with that question. But still, why is the parrot still on his shoulder? Get out of there you dumb bird. Explosions can happen anywhere with no thought.