Transformers Legacy Evolution Erial & Dion War Dawn 2 Pack News & Discussion

BaCon

Just in off the SNS we have a new reveal of the Transformers Legacy Evolution War Dawn 2 Pack featuring Erial (Ariel) and Dion characters. The apparent follow-up to the A Hero Is Born, includes figures from the Arcee and Kup partials with new heads and accessories. Just images of the box right now, but surely there will be toy images soon. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Transformers%20Legacy%20Evo

Following the reveal images, as expected, the action figure shots of Transformers Legacy Evolution Erial & Dion War Dawn 2 Pack would be out soon. We can see this is a very colorful set. Check out the images of each figure with compares with their mold mates and more in the gallery below thanks to n_pieceon Reddit. - Read the Full News Story

While I don't like Orion and Dion sharing a mold, Dion looks really good. Better than Orion for that matter since there's more retooling that's gone into it. Had Orion had new arms as well then I'd like it more. But as these in hand images show, using PotP Orion won't work either. While it looks better in robot mode and is a different mold than Dion, it's too big and well, the vehicle mode is that of Optimus, not Orion. If only TR Orion was retooled to better resemble Orion like SS86 Kup was. And T30 Orion doesn't look like G1 Orion so that's not really an option either even if that mold still holds up. Dion looks better overall though since SS86 Kup's design works better for Dion's character model than it does for Orion's.

Ariel looks okayish I guess. I mean the robot mode of Legacy Prime Arcee looks somewhat like G1 Ariel but that's about it. It's just a passing resemblance at most. This is more "shoehorning" it to work more than anything. While not as bad as Tow-Line, it's still pretty bad. What doesn't help is that the mold in general isn't that great. I don't hate it but having three versions already is more than enough, even if there's still others I'd want from this as well and Ariel was never one of them. It wouldn't make sense to use the Elita-1/Minerva mold since we know Ariel and Elita have different bodies entirely and the mold would need quite a bit of retooling to make it work. So there's the real problem, there aren't any other mold to really use at that point. Siege Chromia or SS86 Arcee wouldn't work and Blackarachnia and Airazor really wouldn't work. Possibly Siege Arcee? More "shoehorning" though but at least it's a more solid robot mode and is easy to mod. It's not like Elita-1 is using that mold anymore either lol. Going from a retooled Arcee car to the Elita/Minerva car would seem like an upgrade too and work better than a motorcycle being upgraded into a car. Maybe be just need Hasbro to stop being scared and do Elita as a voyager again but as her own mold and not based on around another character like Minerva or Starscream. PotP Elita is okay but she's too tall now with the new scale since Siege. She towers over Optimus. 

I'm still going to get the set though. I'm just typing down my thoughts. 

• Like 1

While I don't like Orion and Dion sharing a mold

Yeah, that irks me too. But I cannot get over Ariel's head. We got spoiled with the Orion and Dion sclupts, but her head looks awful. The helmet is too big, and the face is clownish looking to me. Yeah, I'll end up getting this too, only to go with the Hero Is Born set.

• Like 1

Following the in-hand images, more action figure shots of Transformers Legacy Evolution Erial & Dion War Dawn 2 Pack are just in. Here we see the figures alongside the A Heor Is Born Orion Pax and Alpha Trion as well as other Generations toys. Check out the images of each figure with compares in the gallery below thanks to 蓝色正午 on Weibo. - Read the Full News Story

• 4 weeks later...

We got the official reveal of the Transformers Legacy Evolution Erial & Dion War Dawn 2 Pack on the Transformers Fanstream April, but they didn't send out any stock product images of the figures. Just in from the Asian SNS, we have a few official images of the figures in both modes and shown with the front of the box. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Erial%20&%20Dion%20War%20Da

• 2 months later...

SDCC 2023 rolls out this week and thanks to Hasbro who just sent us the full previews of the Erial & Dion War Dawn 2-Pack from Transformers Legacy Evolution. Check out the official images of the figures and their packaging in the gallery below. We'll be covering the news from SDCC all week long, so be sure to check back for news and preorders updates from the convention. - Read the Full News Story