Siyang Culture Y-C001 Vladivostok News & Discussion Topic

BaCon

Just in from the SNS we have some news and images for the Siyang Culture Y-C001 Vladivostok project. The unofficial legends scale Fall of Cybertron Metroplex figure stands 45 cm / 17.72 inches tall with 20 points of articulation, it features a robot, carrier, and base modes. The project is expected to ship in Winter 2023 for a price that still TBA. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Siyang%20Culture%20Y-C001%2

• 4 months later...

Following the prototype images, the Asia SNS updates with new color images for the Siyang Culture Defense Fortress Y-C001 Vladivostok project. The unofficial Fall of Cybertron Metroplex figure stands 45 cm / 17.72 inches tall with 20 points of articulation, LED lights, Slammer accessory, and features a robot, carrier, and base modes. - Read the Full News Story

Color%20Image%20of%20Vladivostok%20Y-C00

That is NOT FoC Metroplex. Neither is T30 Metroplex. The proportions are all wrong. The colors of parts are all wrong. The shoulder cannons are wrong. The top shoulder spike/tower/cannon things are wrong. The upper arms otherwise are wrong. The lower arms are wrong. The upper legs are wrong. The lower legs are wrong. The feet are wrong.

The hands looks correct maybe. The red central chest thing is mostly correct. The abs are somewhat correct.

This is less FoC than the T30 Metroplex as they at least tried to make the arms looks right.

None of that really matters though.

What matters is the size of it. It's just an inch or so taller than TR Trypticon. Which to me is pretty much perfect. TR Trypticon is too short head to foot to look good going against T30 Metroplex. 

Does that say $106? Seriously? Hells yeah I got time, and money, for that. 

On 7/27/2023 at 8:51 AM, Joe Velez said:

That is NOT FoC Metroplex. Neither is T30 Metroplex. The proportions are all wrong. The colors of parts are all wrong. The shoulder cannons are wrong. The top shoulder spike/tower/cannon things are wrong. The upper arms otherwise are wrong. The lower arms are wrong. The upper legs are wrong. The lower legs are wrong. The feet are wrong.

You are right, it is the G1 design look with the Generations body form. A great idea, I think.

It is up for preorder on ShowZ Store.

• Like 1

New Toy Photography images of the Kayu Model Asia Siyang Culture Defense Fortress Y-C001 Vladivostok project are just out. This is our best look yet at the unofficial combination of G1 and Fall of Cybertron Metroplex figure. This base-former stands 45 cm / 17.72 inches tall with 20 points of articulation, LED lights, accessories, and features the classic robot, carrier, and base modes. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Vladivostok%20Y-C001%20Siya

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just rolled in from Youtube is the in-hand look at the Vladivostok Y-C001 Siyang Culture Defense Fortress figure set. The unofficial G1 / Titans Metroplex is a kind o hybrid design of G1 and Generations stylings. The 45 cm / 17.72 inches tall figure features 20 points of articulation, LED lights, accessories, and features the classic robot, carrier, and base modes. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Vladivostok%20Y-C001%20Siya

So much for $106. It's $220 now it looks like. I don't know if I have time for that anymore. Show Z doesn't have the price up yet. So I'll wait it out still. Not that it really matters as I don't exactly have room to display  such big things at the moment and it would basically be getting it for the sake of getting it. But I guess that's my entire collection really. 

29 minutes ago, Joe Velez said:

So much for $106. It's $220 now it looks like. I don't know if I have time for that anymore. Show Z doesn't have the price up yet. So I'll wait it out still. Not that it really matters as I don't exactly have room to display  such big things at the moment and it would basically be getting it for the sake of getting it. But I guess that's my entire collection really. 

You will have to get it from overseas because it is sold out at TFSource and The Chosen Prime. I bet it will be $50-100 less, but may be a lot for shipping. It looks kind of plain, but the electronics more than make up for it.

• Like 1