Transformers Legacy Evolution Commander Class Armada Optimus Prime News & Discussion Topic

BaCon

Daily Prime has the scoop on the Legacy Commander Class Armada Optimus Prime with a first look via the Takara TOMY retailer solicitation image. The long rumored release that was teased on the Evolution poster is finally coming into view.The good news is it looks like a fairly faithful remake. We can three of the components the original are therewith the Super Mode, cab robot, and trailer, but where is the base mode? Considering there are no Minicons in legacy, it may have been left out. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Legacy%20Commander%20Class%

Following the reaiter image, there are images circulating on overseas social media that claim to be the Legacy Evolution Commander Class Armada Optimus Prime. The image shows the alternare mode figues with the cab, trailer and accessory part. Judging from this shot, it doesn't look like there is a base mode but that may not be the case. - Read the Full News Story

In-Hand%20Image%20of%20Transformers%20Le

Following the big drops for the Armada Optimus Prime, we have a new Super Mode image by way of a Yahoo auction image. According to the seller, this figure will combine with the TBA Legacy Evolution Armada Overload figure as well. Presumably, this is much like it did in the Armada series, see here. - Read the Full News Story

Legacy%20Evolution%20Armada%20Optimus%20

It didn't take long for the full dump showing off the Transformers Legacy Evolution Armada Optimus Prime. The latest batch from the Asia SNS shows off pretty much all the aspects of the Commander Class figure set, including finally what looks like a base-mode! Check out the collected images in the gallery that follows. - Read the Full News Story

In-Hand%20Image%20of%20Transformers%20Le

Following the previous image gallery, we have even more new in-hand images of the Transformers Legacy Evolution Commander Armada Optimus Prime because you all cannot get enough of this figure. These are the best shots yet with clear views of the various modes and angles on the transfomation and little features. - Read the Full News Story

New%20In-Hand%20Images%20of%20Legacy%20E

6 hours ago, RamsesThe7th said:

after seeing it from different angles, i think ill stick to the fans hobby version. 

Yeah, I have to agree. I like this LE version, but like the G2 Laser Prime, it suffers from so many shortcuts. The FT is 2X the price, but it is at least 4X better.

Finally some actually good, meaningful shots and comparisons.

Now that we have a clear look at how that front skirt works for super mode; yeah, it needs to be replaced. I really wish Hasbro would stop thinking that it's okay to have the entire front skirt be one piece instead of three. It looks so stupid when you move one leg up and the entire skirt has to move with the leg. Admittedly they tried to mitigate this by having a swivel in the middle but it's still dumb. I fixed SS86 Ironhide's skit by cutting it into three pieces so that the whole thing doesn't move all at once. I want to try something with the Earthrise Seeker but it wouldn't be simple and I wouldn't want to mess up some of the more expensive versions of that mold. I really think things like this are what DNA should be upgrading when it comes to certain figures. I'd pay for every single ER Seeker to have a better skirt.

And now that I see some size comparisons I think the super mode is perhaps a little too tall. It's taller than Star Saber, Super Ginrai, Star Convoy, Dai Atlas, Optimal Optimus, PotP Rodimus, PotP Optimus, TR PMOP and CW Ultra Magnus but not as tall as Victory Saber and God Ginrai. I'd want it to have been slightly smaller to match those other Autobot leaders. Or just be as tall as God Ginrai and Victory Saber. Just not in between. I even have enough kits on my Siege GUOP to make him as tall as the rest as well. So that makes it worse when Armada Optimus being taller than Cybertron Optimus.

With the better look I see that they could've given the super mode some nice forward butterfly joints had they done something with the translucent side windows of the cab on the chest. There's more than enough room between the red roof/chest and the gray parts of the shoulder assembly that should allow those to swing forward quite a bit instead of stopping where they are for the standard shoulder position. It's just that the windows are the only things in the way and since they're pretty small, it's not like there's much to move out of the way. Being translucent plastic though, I doubt they would've put hinges on them to get them out of the way. But since it's not like there's anything to even see inside the cab, the windows never needed to be made of translucent plastic to begin with. It just kind of bothers me that it's such a small piece that's preventing a major boost in articulation. But even getting rid of the windows wouldn't allow for the forward movement as there's other things preventing it too since it was never conceptualized to move that way to begin with. Once I get it in hand I'll see if it's actually possible by shaving down a few other pieces.

I like the overall look better than Naval Commander. Naval Commander looks puffy like a Pat Lee drawing whereas this Legacy version doesn't. Also the core robot has the giant shoulder pads unlike Naval Commander. However, they's still something off. That Takara prototype was the best looking update. Shame that will probably never get made now. I think there's something I don't like about the core robot's torso but it's nowhere near as bad looking as Naval Commander. I also don't like how long the pelvis is. It looks kind of like Titanium Soundwave aka Diaperwave. So yeah, the Legacy core Optimus kind of looks like he's wearing a droopy diaper. I'm nitpicking now though as I really do like it and very much want it now. I also hope Cybertron Optimus Prime gets a commander figure too. I know supposedly Hasbro considers him "done" because Siege GUOP exists but I hope they reconsider like they have with Ultra Magnus and his rumored SS86 commander figure.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, RamsesThe7th said:

i changed my mind on this guy, he looks great! also i LOVE how they did the combination sequence like in the show! that was soooo cool

The best choice is BOTH! 🤣