Transformers Legacy Evolution Tow-Line News & Discussion Topic

BaCon

Things are getting poisonous with the recent leaks coming out for the Transformers Legacy Evolution series. The new inventory data just in revals possible release for the BotCon Toxitron and the Robots in Disguise Tow-Line action figures. The Toxitron could be the realization of the cancelled 2003 Universe Toxitron from the Legacy G2 Optimus Prime. - Read the Full News Story

Unreleased%20Transformers%20Universe%20J

Just when thought you could chill, BAMM! There it is. The Leaked Legacy Evolution RID Tow-Line Weaponizer gets tossed with fresh green thanks to Chefatron! Yeah, there's more Junkion's coming and who knows what else? Scraphook is reimagined as the 2001 R.I.D. Tow-Line, which was a reimagined 1997 Machine Wars Hoist figure. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Leaked%20Legacy%20Evolution

I like the new Junkions even though the torsos don't seem to be able to do anything for a combined mode. Unless we just need all of them to find out.

I very much want a new RiD Tow-Line as I want new versions of like every character ever.

However I very much DO NOT want a new RiD Tow-Line made from using one of the new Junkions. I'd rather they didn't even bother honestly.

Not only does the mold look horrible in those colors but it does nothing to match the character in any way. Hoist would've been a better choice even though the mold isn't that good to begin with. It's just that at least it would've looked the part somewhat better. The torso would've looked similar and the legs and arms could've been made to look more accurate. Studio Series Battletrap would've been better. Honestly I think a heavy reshelling of Sideswipe would've worked pretty well or at least better than Scraphook.

That Sideswipe mold can be used for like a third of the characters from the RiD 2001 toyline. All ten G2 Spychanger molds and all four Machine Wars molds if they retooled them enough as two are jets and one is Tow-Line. Tow-Line could've been a further retool of Ironhide. Using one base mold that already has a dozen reuses for fourteen more retools and each of their at least 4 redecos would've been a bit overkill but it could've saved a ton of money in the long run. Especially for characters that don't really matter in the grand scheme of Transformers. But seriously, that Sideswipe mold's skeleton and transformation is really versatile. And that's not going into any of the Cyberjets and Predators that could've been made from the Machine Wars jets retools either as it's not difficult to go from one to the other. Oh yeah, and Armada Wheeljack and his many reuses.

• Like 1

I actually don't mind this at all. I appreciate the real-world aspects of "the why" we only get a recolor, but I also really appreciate that they make the extra effort to give the figures a new head or accessories for the retool/recolors now.

With 2 figures from RID 2000, I wonder how possible it is that a new Optimus and Magnus are on the way, and what I most want, a new Build Team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gates13 said:

With 2 figures from RID 2000, I wonder how possible it is that a new Optimus and Magnus are on the way, and what I most want, a new Build Team.

Well, they did half of the RID Ultra Magnus in the WFC SIEGE release. +2 for the build team.

review-siege-ultra-magnus-leader-war-for

Just in is a new in-hand preview of the Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Towline figure that was recently revealed. The redeco of Scraphook as the R.I.D. 2000 Tow-Line an interesting reuse of the Weaponizer format to expand the Legacy Evolution Universe. Get an in-hand look at this figure compared with Scraphook and other toys in the video and images that follow thanks to JoeyBoy pommers Chompilo lacson Marquez. - Read the Full News Story

In-hand%20image%20of%20Transformers%20Le

Nope, still hate it. 

I don't know why anyone is okay with this. This is literally the epitome of what the vocal part of the fandom seems to loathe about Hasbro in that it's just a lazy release that looks nothing like the original. For going on like two decades now that's been one of the most complained about things from the fandom in regards to the way Hasbro makes Transformers. Yet now people don't mind all of a sudden? Why because they haven't done it in a while?

Things like this never used to bother me back when the options were more limited. However now when there's so many molds and most were designed beforehand to be easily retooled into other characters, if not have it planned from the start, does it seem so damn stupid to force a character on a mold that doesn't work for it. There are better options out there to use for Tow-Line. As it is, this might as well be a new character completely as it looks nothing like the original other than the head and the color. I'm not even saying that it has to look 100% like the original either, just somewhat. Use a mold that shares at least some similarities in robot mode and more in alt mode. 

This is worse than using Kingdom Mirage for Crasher instead of Legacy Dragstrip. At least Mirage bears a slight resemblance to Crasher even if Dragstrip is a near perfect match without retools and would've been perfect with some tweaks to that front scoop to go behind the head.

This is like Fun Pub levels of stretch to make this work. Like DotM Megatron from AM Breakdown. Metalhawk from Generations Thunderwing. Slipstream from Prime FE Starscream. Breakdown from 2.0 Sideswipe.  General Optimus Prime from T30 Roadbuster.

This makes GDO look like good reuses even though people still complain about them. I just seen something with people still complaining about Wheelie from RTS Jazz and Springer from 2010 Tomahawk. 

This is worse than Knockout from SS86 Jazz.

This is worse than Universe 2.0 redecos. Darkwing from Silverbolt. Springer from Cybertron Evac. Blades from Cybertron Evac. Leo Prime from Leobreaker. Stormcloud from Powerglide. 

The hypocrisy I've been reading regarding this figure is astounding. Which is saying something for fandoms in general and the Transformers one in particular. 

I think I got it all out of my system now. 

• Like 1