Transformers Fanstream Rolling Out on January 31st!

BaCon

Looks like there's some leaked images making the rounds on the SNS. Thanks to @nessingway on Twitter who's schemed a couple images ahead of the Fanstream tomorrow. Check out these possible looks at the Legacy Evolution Metalhawk that looks like a Cyclonus partial, and the Twincast with Rewind redecos. - Read the Full News Story

Possible%20First%20Looks%20at%20Legacy%2

I completely expected Metalhawk to be a retool of Cyclonus. What I didn't expect was that it was going to be G1 Metalhawk and not IDW Metalhawk. IDW Metalhawk's jet mode looks an awful lot like G1 Cyclonus' jet mode. Other than changing things like the chest and whatnot, they really only needed to change how the arms turned into the wings. I imagined that they'd have the arms stick out straight from the jet body and then the forearms would turn so that the wings on them would be used for the jet's wings. The wings would be bigger than the ones on Cyclonus' forearms of course.

I never thought that Armada Starscream would be used. While the jet mode bears a passing resemblance to G1 Metalhawk's jet mode, nothing else lines up for robot mode. The sides of the chest kind of look like IDW Metalhawk though but only vaguely. At that point, so does T30 deluxe IDW stealth bomber Megatron's chest.

I didn't think Metalhawk would be made from Jhiaxus either. Nothing really lined up between the two at all. It's something people were thinking though.

They might as well have used Siege or Earthrise Starscream for him at either of those points. Hell, T30 Brainstorm would've been better to use as a base than either Armada Starscream or Jhiaxus. Shame we never did get a reuse of that mold. I have all four versions of TR Brainstorm but I still can't bring myself to get rid of T30 Brainstorm. It's just a really good mold. I always laugh at the actual length of the Headmaster's arms. If they were straightened out instead of molded with a 90 degree bend in them then the arms would go down lower than the knees. Those are some really long arms but you don't notice them since they're just molded and painted on the insides of the head flaps.

I'm happy that we're finally getting a new Twincast and all but I really wish he had a vehicle mode. I stopped caring about them having object modes since I picked up Classics Megatron and was reminded by how dumb it was the whole time. You don't realize it as a kid in the 80's though as that shit was cool. But then I'm holding a gun in my hand and well, that's it. You can't woosh it. You can't swoosh it. You can roll it along. Just nothing. It stays in YOUR hand and YOU pull the trigger. Wow. It's even worse when it's a boombox, camera or tape recorder. I'd much rather have my submarine mode Sixshot, leader class space cruiser Shockwave with all the add-ons or space barge Soundwave any day. At least Perceptor has his tank mode thing. Soundwave and Blaster should always have something similar from now on. Maybe make them have a secret combinable alt mode between Reflector and Soundwave and Perceptor and Blaster. I kind of made one with Percy and Blaster but it's missing something. Like that one upgrade kit on Ebay for Perceptor but it costs like $50 and I don't have time for that. I'm sure I can come up with something for Reflector and Walmart Soundwave but I have three of each color (five total colors) of Siege Reflector so I come up with combos for them instead of combos of them with Soundwave.

Following the Transformers Fanstream, we have the official images and product descriptions from Hasbro on all of today's new reveals. Look for these new releases to go up for prorder today at 1pm ET / 10am PT at the following sponsor links: [SHOP-LINKS]Celebrate the last 40 years of Transformers history with Transformers Legacy action figures for boys and girls. - Read the Full News Story

Official%20Image%20of%20%20Legacy%20Evol

@bigbadtoystore #Transformers #Legacy #Evolution #Voyager #Twincast and #Metalhawk being shipped during early February.  Only yesterday were they officially revealed during a #HasbroPulse live stream.

Screenshot_20230201-194224.png

Screenshot_20230201-194215.png

• 1 month later...

As promised, Takara TOMY have announced the Japan Transformers Legacy Evolution releases for TL-35 Skyquake, TL-34 Metalhawk, TL-33 Prowl, TL-32 Shrapnel, and TL-31 Grimlock figures. This wave of figures are scheduled for release August 26, 2023 in Japan. Read on to see the new official images of all these new releases below. - Read the Full News Story

Takara%20TOMY%20Transformers%20Legacy%20