Two different Alt Silverstreaks?

JABoyle3875

I just noticed something odd........and I'm sure it's been discussed, but I couldn't find anything on it.

I have two Alternators Silverstreaks......one I am about 50% finished with repainting into G1 Smokescreen. While I was repainting him, I noticed that his steering wheel is on the left, like in a US car. His seats are also two toned, with black ringing a grey section in the middle of the back and seat itself.

Now......the Alt Silverstreak I have in my Alternators collection has his steering wheel on the RIGHT, like for a UK and other places car, and his seats are all black.

WTF? This is certainly odd.

u mean like this?

the seats are like this on mine??? those are probably left over seats from smokescreen that were put into your toy. ... i haven't heard of all black bucket seats in a silverstreak before...

edit: i remember seeing a later relase on the toy and maybe they used a bunch of leftover parts from the smokes... when did u get the right hand drive version?

u mean like this?

the seats are like this on mine??? those are probably left over seats from smokescreen that were put into your toy. ... i haven't heard of all black bucket seats in a silverstreak before...

edit: i remember seeing a later relase on the toy and maybe they used a bunch of leftover parts from the smokes... when did u get the right hand drive version?

See my above post - it got confuzzled in my mind, it's two toned seats with a right steering wheel.

I got the right side drive one at a Super Wal Mart about 6 months ago. The left side wheel one I got at a regular Wal Mart about 3 weeks ago.......Aurora, Colorado area.

:thumb all good. don't feel discouraged postin anything at all lol. its your discovery haha.

i had to do some modification to my alt silverstreak... i was toyin around with it and this is what i did.

and on the side is the right hand drive

I've always thought Silverstreak had one of the best robot modes.

My first coat of paint for the alt mode of my Sliverstreak - G1 Smokescreen repaint is done, it will dry overnight and I will do a second touchup paint job tomorrow.......then start working on the robot mode portions. I'll see if I can post a pic or two tomorrow........right now, it's still a very rough first draft!

Okay, once again:

Binaltech Streak (Japan) head the steering wheel on the right.

Alternators Smokescreen (USA) originally came with the steering wheel on the right doe to use of some leftover parts or something.

Then, Hasbro made a running change to a left-hand side steering version, which is being sold since.

However, it appears that recently a huge stock of RHDs have resurfaced.

Okay, once again:

Binaltech Streak (Japan) head the steering wheel on the right.

Alternators Smokescreen (USA) originally came with the steering wheel on the right doe to use of some leftover parts or something.

Then, Hasbro made a running change to a left-hand side steering version, which is being sold since.

However, it appears that recently a huge stock of RHDs have resurfaced.

Yup, that's how I got mine. I wanted the RHD b/c it was different.

Yup, that's how I got mine. I wanted the RHD b/c it was different.

and the fact thats where the wheel should be, we Brits did invent the car so should know what side the wheel should be on ;)

Archived