Leaked Transformers Listings for 2023 & 2024 News & Discussion Topic

BaCon

On 5/16/2023 at 7:21 PM, Joe Velez said:

As someone who repainted a GUOP into Nova, I can confirm that this would make for a great base mold.

PIc(s) PLEASE!

7 hours ago, BaCon said:

PIc(s) PLEASE!

I really should take pics as I've been asked several times about my customs before. I thought I had at least one but that must have been on my previous laptop. For now, settle for my custom GUOP pelvis that allows for a perfect transformation with thigh extenders until I dig Nova out tomorrow. Also works for Siege Ultra Magnus too but not quite for the Kingdom retool, not that it matters for that version of the mold anyway. I haven't tried either but the retooled front bumper infringes on that space in an attempt to fill it in so there's not as much room there anymore for the hips and thighs as with the other two versions of the mold.

The thought process was inspired by TR voyager Optimus Prime/Octane in how the hips move back to align the trailer with the cab for truck mode. I looked at how much room there was in the pelvis of the Siege mold and just cut out a channel and some other minor bits that allowed the hips to move back to fill in the gap behind the front wheels in truck mode. The ratchets don't engage anymore, which could probably be fixed if I bothered, so I just tightened everything up with Kiki Fix Loose Joints and the more cost effective for the same stuff, water based polyurethane. 

I asked someone on Shapeways to design a new pelvis that allowed for this and would also have ratchets and locks or whatever but they couldn't fathom what I was talking about. Or rather, they couldn't be bothered. And I don't know how to design things like that so there's that but I do know how to cut things lol. I'll take more pics of my GUOP with Nova and Toxitron tomorrow to really show off just how tall he now gets compared to the base mold.

20211215_152841.jpg

20211215_152831.jpg

20211215_153143.jpg

20211215_153450.jpg

20211215_153513.jpg

On 5/18/2023 at 10:45 AM, BaCon said:

PIc(s) PLEASE!

Forgot about this one. It's Siege Shockwave repainted as Cybertron Brimstone based on the Botcon figure. I had planned to do at least Galactic Man and Energon Sixshot as well and maybe FoC Air Raid and Fireflight but when an actual Galactic Man Shockwave as announced, I put a hold on anything else. I also started to run out of extra money and went back to work and stopped making customs in general all around the same time. 

I can only post about six pics a post so I'll be posting a few in a row here for you. The rest will be all about the GUOP mold.

20230519_182558.jpg

20230519_182542.jpg

20230519_182122.jpg

20230519_182050.jpg

20230519_182043.jpg

• Like 2

Nova is pretty self explanatory color wise. White is white. Black is black. Grey is grey. Gold is gold. I changed the tint of the windows by painting the inside of it gold. It gives the bluish plastic a greenish tint now.

Brimstone is fairly self explanatory as well. The yellow is Testors flat Sunflower if I recall correctly. The purple is the same mix I used for Toxitron I think. The chest was also mixed and it ended up being a lighter shade than I wanted. It looks more "fleshy" than I would've liked but it's okay. 

As for Toxitron, I couldn't find a good purple so I spend quite a while making my own. It works fairly well. The greenish color is Testors flat enamel "Zinc Chromate". I used it straight as I thought it was pretty toxic looking. I also didn't want to go bright either as I wanted it to be different to my CW Toxitron. I went with a darker grey for quite a bit of the figure as well based on the old prototype shown from the G2 Laser Prime mold. The metallic was supposed to be dingier looking but it just ends up looking exactly like the gold used on Nova. I probably should've went with flat rust but I didn't like that shade. I was supposed to go back over it in metallic copper or flat brass  but never did. The windows are flat grapefruit. 

Optimus again has the modified pelvis I showed yesterday as well as the thigh extenders. It also has the DNA legs since they're one of the few sets actually worth getting from DNA lately. I got the most recent "slipper" upgrades for the super mode feet. This adds a tiny bit of height and makes it so that he can stand straight up now since the feet are now flat. I also got the leg cannon upgrades too. I also got that one big upgrade set and took a few pieces from that set and slapped them on this. The parts for the black cannons and the pieces that fill in the super mode legs. I took the lower arms from my Siege Delta Magnus/Magna Convoy and put them on this to better match Cybertron Optimus. I modified the back of the super mode head so that he can look up pretty far for proper "swooshing".  With all the added height, he stands about the same height as other older leader figures like Star Convoy, Optimal Optimus, Super Ginrai, Dai Atlas, PotP Optimus, CW Ultra Magnus, PotP Rodimus and Star Saber. This is the height I feel Armada Optimus should also have stood at in super mode but they went and made him larger. Why bother making sure Star Saber stood at the same height as the rest but then go and make Armada Optimus taller but not as tall as God Ginrai or Victory Saber. It doesn't make any sense. Given how tall we've seen Armada Megatron is compared to super mode Optimus, Optimus should indeed be shorter in super mode..

I had plans to also make a Galaxy Upgrade Nemesis Prime and Fire Guts Ginrai but never got around to it. I had an extra prime but sold it along with the rest of that upgrade kit I took some pieces from for quite the profit on Ebay a while back. With a possible new Nova Prime coming, I hope they do his Nemesis Prime colors since that mold never got any black redeco yet as it is. The new parts would really help it to stand out. And since I'm crazy, I also feel it's a good base mold if they wanted to do a vehicle mode for Tigerhawk and Universe Razorclaw. I've wanted this ever since I first seen Maketoys Hypernovae for some reason. Something about Nova just makes me think of TIgerhawk for some reason. The wings are obvious but I think it's some of the poses Nova did in the comics. Or at least, from the  screen caps I've seen as I haven't read the comics.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I took over this thread with my crappy customs lol. 

Vector Prime is/was a multiversal singularity. So any Vector Prime released will be the same Vector Prime regardless of anything else. However there's only been one Vector Prime anyway though and that's CyberTRON Vector Prime. Well I guess there's been two if you count PotP Metalhawk since the Primemaster that came with him is Vector Prime. The wiki still has them as being the same Vector Prime though.

I was literally just thinking about Vector Prime and how he needs a new figure. We need more big Autobots with flying alt modes and he certainly fits the bill. I wonder what they're going to do with Safeguard? Hasbro claimed they don't want to do Battlemasters and Micromasters anymore as they supposedly didn't sell well. No, the Rise of the Beast ones don't count as they should've been out about two years ago. Those seem to be selling well now though regardless of when they were supposed to be on shelves. So maybe they'll circle back around to them to do the Armada and Cybertron Minicons. Swindle, Leader-1, Sparkplug, Drillbit, Jolt and now Safeguard and Clench all need to be done. And we do need new ones. I dug out Armada Jolt, Universe Jolt and even T30 Blazemaster who has a Jolt variant and none of them work well with Hot Shot. The two Minicon Jolts don't peg onto the Minicon peg in Vehicle mode and the peg isn't accessible in robot mode. Blazemaster can't peg onto the Minicon peg either but can at least become a gun for robot mode. Maybe if the hood or the engine had a 5mm port then Blazemaster could plug in as a gun in vehicle mode.

Deluxe Optimus Prime is mildly interesting. We've come a long way from the Classics deluxe Optimus Prime mold so it's bound to be way better than that and thankfully won't have the spinning gimmick. 

Armada Galvatron is a long time coming. I get the CW mold wasn't amazing for Armada Megatron but I really did want Galvatron too. Now we're getting a proper update and I still kind of want a CW Armada Galvatron lol. I hope they finish the trifecta and do Megazarak too. I'll even take a Lucky Draw redeco.

Origin Wheeljack is a VOYAGER. Nice. I hope they keep going with these even though there's technically little to no more they can do. Soundwave and Laserbeak? No not the "hidden" mode of the Siege figure, I mean one that only turns into the "lampost". I would hate that so much as I hate having an alt mode that doesn't move on its own other than for small weapons. Blaster and Netflix Soundwave annoy me but I do own all versions. At least Perceptor has his tank mode thing.

If these new "rocks" are indeed Weaponizers, I hope they work better than the Junkions. I hate how the torsos don't do anything. I couldn't care less about having a self contained transformation if it means that you lose functionality of the gimmick. I don't even bother messing with the Junkions the same way I did with the Weaponizers, Modulators and Fossilizers.

The names don't seem to line up with any Rock Lords either for the most part. Not that they'd need to change the names since Hasbro owns those. They'd only need to make sure not to have them be accurate to the original toys like Velocitron Crasher. Not that I'd know since I never found one let alone the two I wanted. Maybe these are like Rock Lords though and they're really trying to do new (aka old) things. Just going to have to wait and see in two weeks or so when they start leaking from the factories now that they're showing up again in store listings.

• Like 1