Transformers: Reactivate / Rise Game News & Discussion Topic

BaCon

Transform and roll out against an invading alien threat known as the Legion in this new action game for 1-4 players from Splash Damage. There isn't a lot to see in the trailer just yet, but we do see a certain yellow robot. The game will be relesed in 2023 for PC and Consoles hardware. - Read the Full News Story

Official%20Image%20of%20Transformers%20R

Just out on YouTube by way of are two more views of the Transformers Reactive game. These two viral marketing clips are cinematic bits that we're obviously made to tease us about the characters and details of the game. We get to see Ratchet, Starscream, Optimus Prime, Shockwave, and Slipstream designs. - Read the Full News Story

Leaked%20Image%20of%20Transformers%20Rea

Following the new previews, Just in from the official SNS we have some news about the voice actors who will be in this game. According to the Transformers Reactivate Updates @PlaysTFR on Twitter we will hear Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Will Fridele, Steve Blum, and David Sobolov characterizations in the game. - Read the Full News Story

Following the Voice Actors update, the just announced Transformers Reactive game keeps on hitting hard, with more than meets the teaser trailer coming our way. Just out on the SNS are some characters concept designs for Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Bumblebee. These appear to be mostly new designs with different cannon influences. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20%20Transformers%20Reactive%

• 2 months later...

Just in from the deepest darkest reaches of the retail inventory world we have news and product information on the possible Transformers Reactivate Voyager Optimus prime and Deluxe Soundwave listings. These are said to be outcome of the previously leaked Tra Shine listings. So it appears there will be some toys for the Transformers: Reactivate game line. - Read the Full News Story

Official%20Image%20of%20Transformers%20R

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following the news of the Transformers Reactivate Optimus Prime VS Soundwave, we have the contents of the second 2-pack to include Voyager Starscream VS Deluxe Bumblebee, see product info for both sets below thanks to JTPrime17. This release date suggests they will be revealed at SDCC 2023 or Hasbro Pulse Con 2023. - Read the Full News Story

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sometime ago we reported on figures being made for the Transformers: Reactivate Game, and it seems they have just landed as the Transformers: Rise Starscream and Bumblebee 2-Pack. We know there are also plans for a Voyager Optimus Prime and Deluxe Soundwave 2-pack as well. The figures look interesting, somewhere between Cyberverse and Generations, hopefully the quality is closer to the latter. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20Transformers%20Rise%20Voyag

Okay...what's with the decos? Is that supposed to be scorch marks and battle damage or something? I'm not quite feeling whatever that is. I don't mind the asymmetrical nature of it so much. It's more that it doesn't seem to belong. I don't think the figures are designed to be asymmetrical like a Transmetal 2 or Energon Starscream. Nor is this intentional for twins like Combiner Wars Stormclash and Skyburst.

It's not quite as noticeable on Bumblebee as black is in his color scheme normally and it's seemingly not as prominent on him. With Starscream though it's very noticeable in a bad way. There's several Starscream figures that have black on them but that's due to some kind of stupid shit for cheaper figures and it always looked out of place. 

Sure would like to know if there's ever going to be "clean" versions before committing to getting this set as I like that Starscream so much better than the Earthrise mold. It looks like the IDW T30 legends class/CW leader class Starscream design and I really liked that updated look. With a bit of SSBB Cybertronian Starscream oddly enough or maybe I'm seeing SSBB Blitzwing.

The price is a bit weird too. It's more than what a deluxe and voyager would be by $12. Is this representative of another price increase? Is this maybe licencing fees to the game designers? Does this mean that this isn't a standard deluxe and a voyager? The box dimensions are 9.5 inches tall by 13 inches wide by 3.2 inches deep and a little over 1 pound in weight. So that would make me think that these are indeed a voyager and a deluxe at most. 

So that makes me want to know if/when we're getting "clean" versions all the more. I wouldn't want to pay the prices on upcharged figures just for them to be released later with decos I like better. This isn't a Siege and Premium Finish Starscream situation either where they're both fine and have the exact same decos but in different color saturations and shades. This also isn't a case of Kingdom vs Legacy Galvatron or Siege vs Legacy Soundwave either where it's just a little bit of battle damage paint apps that are not applied for the newer versions and can be removed from the older versions.