Haslab victory saber review. G1 collection and masterpiece comparison

Toys are russ

Guess I'm just going to have to wait until mine comes in so I can see some actual relevant size comparisons. It seems nobody wants to make the ones that should be made, not even Optibotimus. The main one being Takara Legends Super and God Ginrai. Then GS Dai Atlas, GS Star Convoy/PotP Optimus, PotP Rodimus, PotP Optimal Optimus and CW Ultra Magnus to lesser and lesser degrees. I also have my GUOP with thigh, leg and foot upgrades waiting to size up to Star Saber as well. 

Why you may ask? Because Star Saber and Victory Saber were not only scaled to the current Generations scale, they were also scaled to the older one too just like PotP Optimal Optimus but in reverse. They were made specifically to stand next to Super and God Ginrai, Dai Atlas and Star Convoy. And by default, the others I mentioned as well since they were all around the same size. Only Metalhawk and Fortress Maximus need figures at that size now. Well and Lio Conovy...and Big Convoy...and RiD 2001 Optimus...and Armada Optimus (at least until next year supposedly)...and Energon Optimus...and Animated Wingblade Optimus...and Beast Hunters Optimus...but I mainly meant the first few G1 leaders. Otherwise they could've made them bigger as they are a little on the short side of the scale chart. I'd love a Metalhawk made from PotP Black Shadow/Overlord. Maybe Fortress made from CW Megatron. But just to have them though.

All things considered though, they should've made the outward shoulder movement for Star Saber better. They also could've put in a waist swivel for Victory Leo as it's not actually that difficult to do with that design. I think Hasbro has did something similar before actually but I'm currently drawing a blank as to what it was but I know I've seen it before with at least one or two third party figures. There's no reason why those couldn't have happened as this wasn't limited by a price range. If charging an extra $20 could've gotten those things to be designed in then so be it. NOTHING should've been left out like that from the base figures. There is no budget restrictions for these. Oh and Saber should also have had panels for the forearm gaps and there shouldn't have been any waffling either on Victory Leo's cannons or thighs. 

And if it were me, I would've made the Brain of Courage a Titanmaster. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.a031f143f4de9d4af7f9d5a54f94dfca.png

Here's a comparison with the Takara Masterpiece Star Saber, Takara God Ginrai, Victory Leo (KFC Simba), Takara Dai Atlas, Takara Shouki, Hasbro Studio Hot Rod, and Takara Blurr.

Here's another comparison with CW Ultra Magnus, T30 Springer and a few others.  I had some DC heroclix in the mix for a while:

image.thumb.png.9c272ccce48b2ad531b8566d75763c0a.png

Here's another angle and another group (note: this is Kingdom Magnus with the leg extension upgrade)

image.thumb.png.e3e2441cb7b6be5488569cdd5f7aa86d.png

Masterpiece Star Saber stands head to head with Combiner Wars Superion with the PE upgrade kit and Hasbro Siege Jetfire (aka Skyfire). Sorry I don't have a photo of that for you. 

I backed Haslab Victory Saber but I don't have yet to compare.

• Like 2

I just received a Fedex email that I have a shipment incoming from Hasbro Pulse.  

Hasbro Pulse has yet to update the corresponding order on their site.  

It's Victory Saber.  

• Like 1

Just a heads up:

Check the Fedex reference number and compare it to your Hasbro Pulse order number.  That'll tell you what's in the shipment.

To find the Fedex shipment number, you need to be logged in to your FedEx account.  The Reference number is just under the tracking number under shipment facts (and under shipment overview).

Good Luck and I hope you get your order soon.  

• Like 1

Mine hasn't shipped out yet. I got a notification today saying they shipped something but it was the rest of one of my black Friday orders. The Mojo boxest, Flamewar and two Slicer sets. Magnificus is running late though but Holiday Optimus made it to me first even though it was shipped a day later and it was only those two on the order. Then there's going to be another shipment heading my way from them as I ordered that Amazon Exclusive Power Rangers Dino Fury Megazord three pack and it was missing parts...not that anyone is actually surprised to read that about that line. So Hasbro is sending me some apology figures and Amazon is sending the replacement.

I know Hasbro gets a lot of shit and I usually stand up for them but ALWAYS double dip when you have problems with your figures that you purchased from somewhere else. Hasbro will NEVER ask for the figure back or ask you to destroy them with proof of destruction unlike some other stores. Just give them all the relevant info and they'll send you something. Then let the actual store you purchased from replace your figure.

But seriously though, BBTS asked me to destroy the defective product. I thought it would be easy but it was not. My heart was breaking with every thing that I broke. It just felt so...wrong. But I got to keep them still and ended up fixing them actually and will be using them for customs or something. It was a Reflector 3 pack. I was going to make the Drillbit custom that someone did from Reflector a while back but lost interest. Maybe I'll just toss them into one of the junk lots of Transformers I'll list on Ebay soon though as I just don't have it in me to customize figures anymore. I don't have it in me to keep going through all my stuff and pulling stuff out to sell either. I have like ten more storage totes to go through and then after that I'll have like five totes worth of stuff to list. I have like two and a half right now and can't be bothered to do anything more than what I did get around to listing which was a tote full of single figures that were easy sells.

I hate Ebay. Having to take pictures and look up prices only for assholes to tell you that your prices are too high even though you're literally the lowest available or tied for the lowest available for said item at the moment. Then they want to offer you less than half your asking price and insinuate that they're doing you a favor. Or they try to tell you that since you don't have the box and instructions that they'll only offer you this much instead as if they're doing you another favor. Yeah I know I don't have the packaging and instructions. If I did, the price would've been higher dumbass. I price my things accordingly based on completeness and condition. I do a bunch of research on each item and even check misspelled listing to see if some idiot had it lower with the wrong name too. I do avoid the fucktards that list things for like half the going rate because they apparently hate everyone, including themselves. Sure just give the $150 figure away for $30 you stupid fucking dick.

Sorry, I just really hate Ebay. Or rather the buyers on Ebay not that Ebay itself is any better with how they cater to the sellers customers (aka the buyers) instead of their own customers (aka the sellers). I, the seller, am Ebay's customer. So why am I treated like shit whereas they treat my customers better even though they don't get paid by them. They get paid by the sellers. Or rather, they steal money from the sellers is more like it. 

Okay I'm going to stop this time for real. Sorry. Time to open some more black Friday stuff from Pulse. 

• Like 1