Alt Prowl

Jaguaratron

I dont care about homage, all i care about is design to be honest, i like that its new but think the method would be better with another car, for example a Pagani Zonda would have lent itself much better with its short nose

I appreciate the issues of license and so on make it tricky. ;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's great. I like Prowl a lot - not only the fact that they made him at all (which surprises me), but that it's a new mold. It's funny how HasTak can never get it right... if they'd remolded Silverstreak people would have bitched, and when they made him a new mold people Starscream. You can't please everyone, but I'm glad that at least they went for originality. And it sure looks like Prowl to me.

I'm pretty sure that this mold will end up getting the Red alert treatment too... which is also cool by me. :thumb

Everyone? Apparently with Alternators you can't please ANYONE. ^_^;;;

Honestly, it's like whenever pics pop up, there's the fanboy response and the pissing and moaning responses. Voting with the wallet makes so much more sense.

Personally, I love the Prowl and I can't wait for it. I'm so excited to have an actual, honest to goodness Prowl Alt that I could scream!

it might just be me but it seems like the lancer ko did a better job with the transformation scheme than alt prowl, the neck is way better as well as the hinges, and the way the doors hang off..... and i bet that the suv ko will wind up being alt ironhide, because i can't think of any better famous suv characters that are bots

OK ... so there's the problem with the shoulder area being ugly (even the Mitsu EVO KO's shoulders look better) ... we all know that. And sure, I'd like to see an athletic tapering abdomen as well and not just a brick for a torso. And I assume the legs are backwards via a swiveling waist (and the feet will turn around), which will balance out his lower body and make it beefier to coincide with the upper.

That said, has anyone else noticed that the arms look kind dinky given the bulkiness of the rest of the figure? His hands are a dead giveaway ... they're huge compared to the forearms and uppers. Look how beefy Grimlock's arms are.

I'm just thankful there are more Alts coming ... more of the original classic characters.

I've been waiting a long time for this baby, and to be honest I'm in two minds about it:

Pros

-I like the face, makes him look more mature and wise than bluestreak and I like how the head looks almost the same but different, just like in the cartoon.

-The car is cool, as is the overall colour sheme.

-It's a brand new mold, with a chest we haven't seen as of yet.

Cons

-It reminds me very much of G1 sideswipe and makes me wish they had used this design instead.

-I wish that for prowl they had used the same transform (if not mold) as for bluestreak and smokescreen.

-This transform reminds me too much of G1 streetwise.

Overall

-I'll swap the heads with my custom subaru prowl and callthis one streetwise with a modified bluestreak head.

-would make and excellent hot rod mold painted orange/red with the doors facing up and a yellow tracks hood sticker on the hood!!!!!!!

Archived