TF Collector H.I.S.S. Tank Megatron Review!

Lore Keeper

There's quite a few things that people don't know about or just outright refuse to acknowledge with this figure. 

One is that the Baroness figure that everyone seems to overlook is valued at about $15 on its own. So no, Megatron isn't a $90 toy. It's at least $75. Then factor in the packaging like he said at about $5 to $10 and Megatron is now about $65 to $70. Which is about $10 to $15 over the current leader pricing. Which is quite literally what people keep saying what the figure is worth. Funny how people outright refuse to do the full math on this as it actually works out but it also debunks them in the process which is why they willfully ignore it. 

Two is that this is first and foremost a GI Joe toy and NOT a Transformers toy. Just because it seems that most Transformers collectors are the ones reviewing it doesn't make this go away. There's just several dozen to hundred more Transformers reviewers and news outlets than there are for GI Joe. As such the people we hear the most from on this are from the Transformers side.

Three is that this wasn't designed by the Transformers team and was instead made by the GI Joe team. This is why the transformation is odd and the robot mode is lacking but the vehicle mode is spot on. This leads back to this being a GI Joe toy mainly. All Transformers Crossover toys that are crossing over with another series that Hasbro either owns or has the rights to make toys for that is also a new mold was never made by the Transformers team. The old Star Wars Crossovers were made by the Star Wars team with heavy limitations in place by Lucasfilms. Likewise the old Marvel Crossover toys were made by the Marvel Legends team. This is why those toys are so odd to bad and that the two lines not only don't look like standard Transformers at the time but they don't even look alike when compared to each other. Gigawatt, Ultimate X-Spanse and Tonkanator are the exceptions but two are retools of existing figures and the last is just a redeco so none are new molds. Takara's Star Wars Crossovers are not included with the rest as those were Takara doing them by themselves with the okay from Disney with no involvement from Hasbro. 

Which leads me to the fourth thing in that even if the Transformers team did work on this, which they didn't, it would've had no involvement from Takara. Again, this is a GI Joe toy and thusly has no reason to have been designed in conjunction with Takara. They can't be involved in any Hasbro based Crossover in that regard as they don't own any of the brands in question nor have the rights to work on any of them other than Transformers. They worked their own deal with Disney for the three Star Wars figures and then worked their own deal with Capcom for the Street Fighter figures. However Hasbro seems to have made a deal with someone to release the Street Fighter figures as again, they had no involvement in their creation other than owning the Transformers brand and those toys as they were all just redecos. They didn't have the rights to release them without making a new deal though.

There's also another way to look at the pricing. It's $28 for a HISS tank including a figure. It's $55 for a leader class Transformer. Finally $7 for the boxes. There's your $90.

Do I want to pay $90 for this ? Nope.

Do I personally think it's worth $90? Nope.

Do I too devalue the Baroness figure? Yep.

Do I not care about the "premium" trash...I mean packaging? Yep.

However, I can still argue the points and understand what goes into the process.