Takara TOMY Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Comic Manga

BaCon

Takara Tomy's TF official website has posted an update to their ongoing comic series. This update features the recently announced Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Wave 1 characters being released in Japan. Read on to see the in-language pages featuring Cosmos, Road Rocket, Blurr, Dia Burnout, and Road Hauler with some other surprise appearances in the translated captions and images that follow.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

Takara%20TOMY%20TRansformers%20Legacy%20

Looks like I'm going to have to look out for the Cosmos and Clampdown preorders. 

I wonder if Takara will import them directly like they have been doing or maybe try to "fix" Scourge when they release them. Maybe even release a figure for Dia. She's right there driving the Burnout mech.

Wait, probably not. Technically Dia has already been released as the wiki is claiming that she's the Nightstick that came with United Artfire.

I just still can't believe that Hasbro thought it was a good idea to short pack Cosmos. What were they thinking? If any of them should've been one a case it should've been Blurr. Nobody seems to really like that mold despite it being pretty decent. I don't like it either and much prefer my LG Blurr and Targetmaster. SS86 Blurr is/was clogging shelves because of it and now there's another one on shelves. Just like what happened with Kup. Clampdown selling out was a surprise though. Maybe it sold out because it's the last of the Lambors to get a figure and people just wanted to finish off the set. Or they wanted him for the white hinges so they could put them on Red Alert. Either way, Road Rocket or Burnout should've been the other to be one a case though. I went to a Walmart with three cases opened so that the scalpers could take the Cosmos and Clampdowns and all of the Road Rockets and Burnouts were still there. Someone took a Blurr though. This was quite a few days after they should've first been put on shelves so none of them were moving. Neither were the Beast Wars reissues or the Kingdom exclusives. This was a Walmart that I don't normally go to. 

• 4 weeks later...

Following Part 1, Takara Tomy's TF official website has posted an Part 2 of their ongoing comic series. This update features the recently announced Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Wave 2 characters being released in Japan as Takara TOMY Mall exclusives. Read on to see the in-language pages featuring Cosmos, Scourge, Over Ride (Override), and Clampdown with some other surprise appearances in the translated captions and images that follow. - Read the Full News Story

Takara%20TOMY%20Transformers%20Legacy%20

I was trying to see if there was any clues in the crowd. There aren't any really just some interesting stuff. The RID Decepticons are using their "G1" forms and not their UW forms. Chromia, Arcee and Nightbird are using their Legends/T30 forms and not their newer WFC forms. Parasite is also there but nobody else from his boxset. Yes Parasite and not Skywasp as that's the original name and most importantly, that's the Parasite head on it. Gravedigger aka United EX Buildmaster is also there in between Devastator's legs with Parasite. So there's eight Constructicons total when you also count Road Hauler. Road Pig is there which is nice to see. The Stunticons are there but no Breakdown, not that Takara was going to reveal him here. There's a really nice bit of continuity shown here in that the Titans Return Chaos on Velocitron set is here despite Takara not releasing it. Nautica, Quickswitch, Laser Prime using his Legacy form instead of his TR form and even Fastlane using his deco from that set instead of his Takara Legends deco. I love that Cybertron Metroplex's foot and ankle is just there. Just one. It doesn't even look possible to have the other leg anywhere either. You'd see the foot if it were on the other side of Motormaster and it can't go the other way either as it would be on the barricade or the racetrack at that point.

I have since found Cosmos and Clampdown. I picked up two Clampdown actually so that I could swap the white hinges onto Red Alert as I said I was going to. I hate working with that mold though, there's no easy/good way to get to the other side of the pin for the shoulders like there was on the Siege version. So you have to leave the miscolored inner shoulder joint by popping them off at the shoulder swivel where it connected to the transformation hinge. I managed to get one of Sideswipe's inner shoulder pins out when I tried but couldn't get the other so I had to do the other way. I couldn't get any from Red Alert or Clampdown to move so again, I went the other way. I just really hate pins that can't be extracted once they're inserted.

Reflector has a couple of those as well. I now know after messing with him from looking at that "custom" that was shown a while back about using one as a replacement for Cybertron Drillbit for Metroplex. I had a Reflector 3 pack that had some issues and BBTS made me destroy them before sending me a replacement. So I still had the destroyed figures lying around and decided to see what I could do with them to make my own version of Drillbit. While taking them apart to fix them I found out that the two pins in the torso can't be taken out without breaking some pieces internally. It's not like the figure doesn't hold together without those pins so I went and broke all the insides of the torsos taking them apart. Now I have them ready to paint if I ever get around to it. I think I fixed them enough to get two good figures out of the three. There's one that I broke in such a way that can't be fixed with just some glue. Oh well, they're free figures anyway.

• Like 1