Hasbro Rethinking Hollywood Strategy - Possible Sale and Restrutructuring Coming Soon?

BaCon

Bloomberg is reporting Hasbro's honeymoon with Hollywood may be coming to an end as there is a report the toy maker "Considers Sale or Restructuring of Entertainment Assets". What this means exactly is not clear, but the basic fact is Hasbro spent $4 Billion on this move that it appears to not be as fruitful as they had hoped.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

hasbro.png

At the end of the day, this note means a lot, but also leaves everything in the air. 

Speaking of the TRANSFORMERS franchise, it has seen a lot of good figures being produced in the last few years, but as the Christmas' eve is approaching, the Transformers' stuff available today in the stores is of lower quality, with less quantities production, distribution issues due to all time scalpers and, to top the situation, SUPER HIGH PRICED toys, that only the average adult collector MAY BE ABLE to acquire, only if it's worth the price. 

TRANSFORMERS memorabilia is running in circles, again and again, as there has not been any innovative stuff like it was 20 or 10 years ago. By example, almost all the toys back then could incorporate lights and sounds in their design, that could justify its price; Today, those features are "cost prohibited".

Today, HASBRO's marketing team prefer to design, cheap plastic, hollowed designed parts, smaller sized versions of transformers toys, that are more expensive than before, and only looking forward to relieve on hardcore fans' nostalgia, to get sold. 

Meanwhile, the Chinese and Japanese markets, are designing and producing some really good collectible stuff, that justify the toy's price, and even, are making upgraded versions of previously produced figures, with much better quality, than their occidental counterparts.

Geez! , only take a look at ALL THOSE UPGRADE KITS that are sold to improve the Hasbro's Transformers, since 10 years ago. 

Bad quality equals lower demand, even if they are aimed as collector's collectibles. You want quality, just watch those smaller third party companies like NECA, STORM COLLECTIBLES, SUPER 7, and more. 

Hasbro, your glory days are long gone. What a shame. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Juan_Jaime_M_Sidon_Ithano said:

Hasbro, your glory days are long gone. What a shame. 

Hasbro expanded into media because they expected everyone to transition to from physical media to digital media, by now. But that's not happened, and even worse, their strategy has hurt the Transformers brand with so many fragmented efforts. IMO, it is getting hard to relate to Transformers with so many crossovers, reissues, and rehashes. Watch out for Dinotrux, Hasbro!  LOL!

• Like 1

I wish Hasbro would let a show based off their franchises last more than two seasons on the small screen. I think the 2018 Bumblebee film was a good step forward for Transformers compared to the previous movies. I have high hopes for Beast Wars, hopefully the quality can continue. Will this be the last Transformers movies though? 

• Like 2

Hi @Corn Viper friend, I would like to be honest with you, but I do not have any high hopes for the new live-action TransformersRise of the Beasts movie. The info about the script/story is also very different from from what happened with the BUMBLEBEE movie. 

Y'now, the studio should have already released a trailer, but they haven't.

So, with previous experiences, I believe that not everything is going well in that post-production process. 

Who knows, maybe I am wrong, but I have that bad feeling. Like I belive that PRIME will become PRIMAL, or else, I really hope they don't do that. 

Greetings 👍

• Like 1