How was Devastator not on the list? Well. I guess it's because then you'd also have to remake Omega Supreme to be smaller as well to scale with him. Whereas Predaking is too tall to scale with Sky Lynx. Or is Sky Lynx too small to scale With Predaking? I would've loved it if each piece of Sky Lynx were their own commander class toy if they didn't want to use the titan class for the year on him. Commander really should be twice a year anyway. But I guess in the current market too many people would complain. 

So I might just have to change my vote from "other" to something else now. I could always go for another Computron but I think it should probably be Predaking so that again, he scales better with the rest. Devastator can stay as a titan if only for Omega Supreme but to me it never made any sense for Predaking at all. Sure the original toys were larger but the animation model wasn't any bigger than the rest. If size of the original toys were the reason then Devastator should've been the smallest combiner. Shame there wasn't ever an undersized Predaking like there was with Devastator. 

Although, I'd much rather see Rail Racer, Landfill, Magnaboss, Tripredacus, Road Caesar, Landcross, Monstructor/Dinoking, Puzzler, Monstrous or even Magmatron instead. Liokaiser at least had something in CW and Raiden has the "MP" currently.

• Like 1

Definitely want to see a proper Liokaiser. All the Scramble City guys have been done well enough. The only one I felt was severely lacking was Menasor, and we just got a new version of him. A proper Liokaiser with all six members (bonus points for a swap-in Deathcobra) would be an absolute grail for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe Velez said:

How was Devastator not on the list?
[...]
Although, I'd much rather see Rail Racer, Landfill, Magnaboss, Tripredacus, Road Caesar, Landcross, Monstructor/Dinoking, Puzzler, Monstrous or even Magmatron instead. Liokaiser at least had something in CW and Raiden has the "MP" currently.

They just did Devastator, and reissued it in 2021 on Amazon. So it's pretty sure they won't do another soon.

AGREED, on the obscure combiners you mention. We've seen the G1 Gestalts over and over, but IDK if these appeal to a big enough audience?

While I like Menasor, been there done that.  Lets get updates of Monstructor/Dinoking, Liokaiser, Road Ceaser or even Landcross.  I would also welcome something completely new.  How about a new theme/team.  Autobot water team to stand up against Prianacon, or Autobot counterparts for Devestator or Predaking.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BenD said:

While I like Menasor, been there done that.  Lets get updates of Monstructor/Dinoking, Liokaiser, Road Ceaser or even Landcross.  I would also welcome something completely new.  How about a new theme/team.  Autobot water team to stand up against Prianacon, or Autobot counterparts for Devestator or Predaking.

There was supposed to be one more Scramble City style combiner that never got made. It was based on dinosaurs. It had a T-Rex for the body, a pterodactyl and dimetrodon as arms with an ankylosaurus and styracosaurs as legs The retro G1 Fansproject combiner was kind of very loosely based on it. Or at least just the concept of one more combiner in that style and the ankylosaurus. There were also other combiners that didn't get made as well but that was the only Scramble City style. So Hasbro could go back to some of those unused original ideas and make a new combiner out of them. They're described at the bottom of this page: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Combiner

The Autobot counterpart to Devastator is technically Omega Supreme. However that kind of sucks as it means they have to be roughly in scale with each other like I said in my comment. I think Raiden was truly meant to be the rival to Devastator in Diaclone. They were made at the same time and are very similar with both being six member teams that use a lot of kibble. They're rivals in The Headmasters too. Trains vs construction vehicles make a lot of sense.

For Predaking his rival is officially Sky Lynx but again, that sucks for the same reasons it sucks for Devastator and Omega Supreme. I know people hate the idea for whatever reason but this is where a Dinobot combiner should be used. They're a team with no rival and there's five of them. Devastator was kind of their rival but not really. So make them combine and they can take on Predaking. Weren't they rivals in the Prime Wars Trilogy? I never watched the shows but I think the bios had them as rivals.

And reissuing a character has never stopped Hasbro or Takara from remaking them. Making them has never stopped Hasbro or Takara from remaking them. Ironhide is a very good example of that right now. What about Impactor too? Dude got four figures all from the same base mold in the same base colors. That was entirely uncalled for. G1 Arcee is another one. Platinum edition T30 Arcee wasn't that long ago then we got Earthrise/Kingdom Arcee and now SS86 Arcee.

As for anything not appealing to an audience, that's not really the problem. Hasbro still insists that the fans are a small part of the sales. So all Hasbro would need to do is just to market them correctly. If they go back and use an "obscure" combiner then make sure to put it in some current media that they're trying to push. Be it the comics or one of the new shows. As it is, all combiners for the most part are "obscure" as they're not really pushed or featured heavily. People are currently loving Cybertron Metroplex so "obscure" is in right now. Hasbro is officially going "obscure" with Legacy for the future too. So now's as good a time as any.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So so I can see why they did menasor first the combiner Wars 1 wasn't available outside a lot of places apart from the US in Canada, and people have gone to the cartoon looking one from hastak for years.

SSo it would only make logical sense the next one would be superior on although the combiner Wars one is pretty good and like menasor, I think my only bone of contention is the the ear prongs, I really need to get an upgrade kit.

WHY ANSWER HOWEVER

Where's I think they will either class this little volcanicus as as the next combiner and then get lazy and do a repaint+reetool for road Caesar, we've already got so many characters already which while they still look like an awesome toy if it was just looking at them on the shelf not knowing the history, clampdown, point blank burnout, road rocket, Minerva, crasher leo convoy (prime) with this direction I can easily see a road Caesar happening it might be exclusive but I can see it happening and we won't see another big combiner until the third part of this trilogy. So so it would make perfect sense to do do superion and I would buy again happily even after all the hassle I had to go to any UK to get hold of it air raid (god's waves 1 and 2 of combiner water a cluster **** in the UK)

II don't really know whether I want to be right or wrong on this.

Speaking of repaints I wish they'd grab that Kingdom rodimus or maybe that holiday Optimus or maybe we can bind them together and do their magic on it and turn it into a thunderclash.

Is another thought if that holiday Optimus really is a new mould does anyone think it's going to be by the mouldy used for studio 86 Optimus prime

350px-Road_caesar.jpg