Leaked Legacy Wave 3 Official images - Megatron, Pointblank, Crank Case, Skullgrin, Dead End

BaCon

Just listed on the Amazon Germany are some new leaked listing for the Transformers Legacy Wave 3 figures with official images. Check out the latest stock shots showing the figure modes and packaging and some product information for Transmetal II Megatron, Pointblank, Crank Case, Skullgrin, and Dead End in the gallery that follows.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

Legacy%20Megatron%20Wave%203%20Transmeta

Crankcase is hilarious. It's so awful and awesome at the same time. The entire front of the vehicle comes off, turns sideways, has a little piece flip around and becomes a gun. Ever since we first seen pictures of him I was wondering what they were doing with the front of his vehicle/chest. I never would've expected that though. It sure is a different design choice that's for sure. I can't wait for the upgrade kit to give him his shoulder cannons. I wonder how those will be implemented. I hope at least better than SS86 Jazz's shoulder cannon.

Dead End is what it is still. Nothing to really talk about. I still don't like how Hasbro makes the lower legs longer than the upper legs for Transformers constantly though. Many of their designs would work better with longer upper legs like Dead End.

Pointblank looks good. I understand the hate some have but I don't have that same hate. I just hate the Targetmaster still. We just had better ones that they're still using. Did it really cost that much to add one in at this point? Sure it's double the parts count and isn't gangmolded but still, it's not like Pointblank himself is all that complicated to begin with and the Battlemasters have long since made their money back with using those molds. They could've moved him into a wave with reissues or slight retools to eat some of the cost for that wave too instead of having it a wave with major retools and new molds entirely. Again, I can't wait to see the upgrade kit to give him that engine block spoiler gun thing to finish off the center rear of the vehicle mode. Hopefully they'll remember to put a 5mm port in the middle of it for a Targetmaster. Yeah Peacemaker already fills that spot but we all know that someone is going to make that piece to fit there.

Skullgrin looks good but I don't like it as Skullgrin. I still think the original Generations Skullgrin is better overall. I do like all the weapons on this new one though. I'm just a little confused about what the vehicle mode is really supposed to be. It has treads in the back but nothing in the front. Is it a tank? Is it a half-track? Is it a hover tank? What is it? That head is awesome though and beats the older head by quite a bit.

Transmetal II Megatron. Transmetal II Megatron. Wow. I just hope that the dragon neck/upper chest area is mistransformed. Or that something can be done. That was very much a bad choice if that's indeed all it can be. I can't wait to have to tighten up all those ball joints to get everything just like I want. Cryotek is the obvious redeco but I want one more other than him. I seen a digibash of him as RiD 2001 Megatron/Gigatron and while it looks good, I don't want that. I'd much rather have this redone as Beast Wars II Galvatron. It's not like the drill tank was all that much better than TMII Megatron's dragster so it's easy to leave out. Once you take out the drill tank, the dragons don't look too dissimilar to each other at that point. Yeah Galvatron didn't have a dragon arm but I'll take what I can get when it comes to a new toy for him.