Alternator Grimlock

Los

I just now got his chest to snap down correctly. You have to push the chest back to get those notches on the breast plate to line up correctly with that chrome part underneath.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... Plus he comes with a frickin' sword!! :eek :clap :thumb :tfevil

In person, the sword is a little small for the mold...but, alas, it still is a sword.

Grim's head mold is roXX0rs too...

I just now got his chest to snap down correctly. You have to push the chest back to get those notches on the breast plate to line up correctly with that chrome part underneath.

now that u got it to transform correctly try changing it back to a car lol... this will take u a good 15mins lol.

Ok, I don't know why Grimlock is the only BT being picked on, because I actually have had a difficult time transforming Smokescreen & Silverstreak back into their car modes. The transformation is easy but if the legs and everything else isn't lined up just right, the doors don't close and it looks funny of course.

As for the metal content, the enitire front end=bumper fenders are all metal.  The doors and the entire backend is diecast too.  The only plastic is the hood, canopy, and back windshield, are plastic.  Oh, the wing too is plastic.

The back half of the car is plastic, only the rear bumper is metal.

EDIT: oops, and the trunk lid

One leg, two arms, two doors (repeatedly), one back plate all poped off. This guy is a nightmare to transform even if he wasn't always poping apart. I never use the instructions so maybe that would have helped, but the upper torso was incredible, and I'm not sure I could put him back together as a car.After I transformed him, I transformed Meister, just to see if I had become autistic overnight. Meister was a walk in the park. OT: I think Meisters transformation is my favorite.

The one think I don't like about Grimlocks robot is that hecan't really stand with his torso straight in any kind of interesting pose because of the way his upper body is weighted (BT version atleast). So you always have to pose hime with his torso slightly twisted. Not a huge issue as he still looks better than pretty much every other TF in robot mode, but kind of a negative in my book.

I do recomend Grimlock dispite all the issues mentioned. Just beautiful in both modes. I will be buying a wheel jack though and one will likely stay in alt mode and the other in robot on display all the time. Typically I keep them that way (e.g. a red meister in robot mode and white one car mode) but I do transform them occassionally. I don't see myself ever transforming this guy again unless I'm in climb everest sort of mood.

Ok, I don't know why Grimlock is the only BT being picked on, because I actually have had a difficult time transforming Smokescreen & Silverstreak back into their car modes. The transformation is easy but if the legs and everything else isn't lined up just right, the doors don't close and it looks funny of course.

True. Putting Silverstreak back in car mode can be a problem if the legs are not aligned...but parts don't come popping off him like Grimlock.

Thankfully Grimlocks legs are easy (maybe the easiest). His upper body instructions are too hard to follow b/c pieces easily pop off. I quit following the directions and did it on my own (except the head transformation which I had to make sure was done right).

Hey...which do you guys think that Alt. Grimlock prefers more, his robot or car mode?

I know G1 Grimlock and the other Dinobots preferred dino mode, but what do you guys think? What does War Within Grimlock prefer?

Sorry maybe this needs to be a new topic. Will move it to General Discussion.

Archived