Daily Prime - Leader Scale Core Class Optimus Prime

BaCon

The Daily Prime takes a step up to look at the 2022 Xinggang Transmutation Optimus Leader figure (left). This unofficial oversized version of the Transformers 2021 Kingdom Core Class Optimus Prime (center) has been scaled up to a 21cm / 8.75-inch tall figure that stands well above the 2020 Earthrise Leader Optimus Prime (right).

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

Daily%20Prime%20-%20Leader%20Scale%20Cor

"Strange new gun design". AKA: Null Ray. Though it really does suck he doesn't have his Ion Rifle. 

I got mine in two weeks ago. It's not too bad. I think the only thing I wish they'd have added that could've realistically been done easily would've been getting the back kibble to fold up a bit. Otherwise anything else would've required major reworking like adding ankles.

I'd love to see more of the core class upsized too. Core class Soundwave might be better than the actual voyager figure and they could even upsize the foot upgrade too. Vertebreak would be awesome as a larger figure. Megatron wouldn't be all that much better than either voyager though but would benefit greatly being about as tall as Galvatron though. Hot Rod shouldn't be done at all as it's best to leave that design as a core class. The Seekers maybe even though we have enough at the moment. I'd love Iguanus done as a larger figure. The base design looks like he'd look great at any size as he's very well designed to begin with. BB Shockwave would be cool too, especially if they don't get around to doing a leader or voyager version any time soon. Rattrap would be interesting if not comically large at the same size as this Optimus. He'd be okay if done as a deluxe though. I'd get a comically oversized Exo Suit but that would be another one better off as a deluxe. 

So I guess I'm saying that I'd like a few size options like was done with the T30 Legends class figures. They had deluxe and voyager oversized knockoffs done.

• Like 1

Looks like they downloaded someone's 3D file. I almost put the G1 Ion Rifle in his hand.

Yeah, that big hinge at the waist is awful.

This was bigger than I expected for the price. Likely due to the really cheap plastic. Hasbro has been trying different scales in Authentics line, so why not do the same with things like this.

• Like 1

I have two of the Ion Rifle from the Centurion Drone set so maybe I'll give him one. Right now I gave him the gun from the voyager upsized KO of the T30 IDW style legends Optimus that I got at the same time. Now that Optimus sucks. The whole chest thing never worked right on the Hasbro figure let alone a double oversized KO with diecast chest panels held by screws and not flat headed pins. I've had the voyager sized T30 Legends Megatron and Starscream for a few years and those are good so I thought the Optimus would be too but it's not.

It isn't just the Authentics line either. The Cyber series as well as the tail end of Beast Hunters also have what were smaller molds upsized into deluxe, voyager and even leader sizes. The problem was that when those figures were first shown off, the vocal minority of the fanbase did nothing but cry and complain about them. So Hasbro gave up on them almost immediately. Only the one wave of four deluxe molds with one redeco and two voyager molds were made for Beast Hunters with the deluxe wave not even being released in the US and that one redeco being an Eastern European exclusive of all things. The Cyber series only has two "leader" class Cyber Commander molds in Optimus and Bumblebee with one Optimus redeco. The voyager size Cyber Battalion molds are the ones that were eventually sold at Walgreens a few years later. Not that they ever reissued the two best molds though in Megatron and Grimlock. 

I love that upsized Transformers Prime Cyberverse commander Predaking as well as the upsized Cyberverse legion Sinnertwin and Cutthroat. I even got that Eastern European exclusive redeco of Cutthroat. I snagged all three from Ebay for about standard retail several years ago. I didn't get Bumblebee or Smokescreen though as I didn't like the figures they were based on from the Prime Cyberverse Legion figures. They were literally the two worst Prime legion size figures. I wish they had done Arcee, Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Airachnid, both Vehicons and the rest of the Terrorcons but due to that fan backlash they were never done. I think Prime legion Arcee and Cliffjumper might actually be better than either of their deluxe counterparts from Prime First Edition or Prime Robots in Disguise. 

The Cyber series from Walgreens were okay too. Shockwave is amazing and is actually the only wholly original mold from the line. Prowl/SIdeswipe are okay and were based on RTS Scout class Windcharger. Starscream/Jetfire are okay and were based on the T30 Legends Starscream. Optimus kinda sucks and is based on the RTS Legends/Legion class Optimus mixed with the T30 Legends Optimus. Bumblebee I don't have and is based on Prime Legion BB which I already said I didn't like. Megatron is amazing and is based on Classics G2 Legends/Legion Megatron. Grimlock is also amazing and is based on RID 2015 Deluxe/Legion Grimlock. I don't have the larger Optimus but he looks okay and is based on RID 2015 Legion Optimus. I don't have BB either but he's based on RID 2015 Legion BB which was an okay mold at the small size but kinda looks bad as a leader size.

Sorry for the ramble but yeah, Hasbro should keep doing the upsized cheaper figures like they used to. They made some really good molds that wouldn't be too bad at larger sizes for the kids...and those of us who don't hate everything Hasbro does. Yeah they'd have to make new molds but at least everything else would be done already. With the way they design figures lately, there shouldn't be a stability problems making them larger either. So the designs shouldn't need reworking when upsized.